I just bought this from you guys. CAN YA FIX?

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
I am insanely Furious about my recent purchase of the $800 Turbo Force hybrid spinner I bought from you guys.

Oh and behold, I pull it from the box, load it up, and away I go. I connect it to clean tile for a client. They come running out of their home screaming that water is going everywhere.

Any thoughts on how your repairmen can fix this? Not replacing the part oh, I'm sure I can manage. How can we fix the issue with a potential lawsuit against my company.
Thx
Screenshot_20190130-143709_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190130-143723_Gallery.jpg

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Rules to live by:

1. Test out any and ALL new equipment before taking into someones home.

2. See # 1.

3. Have a ball valve placed on your solution line so that you can control water flow. Who turns on the water to a wand, spinner etc while not using it?

4. Have good insurance.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Oh, and I'm pretty sure this was Mark knew when I purchased it. @RobAllen
In defense of distributors everywhere, if it was sent to Rob as "new", in the manufacturer's box, he'd have had NO idea if there was a used or corroded coupling on that in-line filter. I'm sure Rob is far too ethical to sell a used tool as new... and far too aware of how vocal you guys are when you're unhappy.

Also if it came from a manufacturer up north, and was in a cold environment for an extended period, some of the brass may very well have developed micro-cracks even if it was all brand new.

That orange goop - is that rust or Loc-Tite? Pic is kinda fuzzy.

I'm sorry that happened to you, it must have been quite aggravating.

Reactions: sbsscn and arrohmei

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am insanely Furious about my recent purchase of the $800 Turbo Force hybrid spinner I bought from you guys.

Oh and behold, I pull it from the box, load it up, and away I go. I connect it to clean tile for a client. They come running out of their home screaming that water is going everywhere.

Any thoughts on how your repairmen can fix this? Not replacing the part oh, I'm sure I can manage. How can we fix the issue with a potential lawsuit against my company.
ThxView attachment 82642View attachment 82643
This is not the place to discuss about this buddy. Please email Rob or the staff about it. It's not a relevant thread, I would suggest this thread to be closed.
@Todd the Cleaner

Reactions: arrohmei

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
In defense of distributors everywhere, if it was sent to Rob as "new", in the manufacturer's box, he'd have had NO idea if there was a used or corroded coupling on that in-line filter. I'm sure Rob is far too ethical to sell a used tool as new... and far too aware of how vocal you guys are when you're unhappy.

Also if it came from a manufacturer up north, and was in a cold environment for an extended period, some of the brass may very well have developed micro-cracks even if it was all brand new.

That orange goop - is that rust or Loc-Tite? Pic is kinda fuzzy.

I'm sorry that happened to you, it must have been quite aggravating.
And Rob's defense, I'm sure everything was done correctly by the book. Never had any issues or problems with products from TMF. However, this oversight has turned into a very serious issue for me and my company.

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
Rules to live by:

2. See # 1.

3. Have a ball valve placed on your solution line so that you can control water flow. Who turns on the water to a wand, spinner etc while not using it?

4. Have good insurance.
1. I do have a ball valve at the end of female connection.

2. I made the mistake of not twisting closed.

3. I forget.. Some people are perfect, and, of course, never make mistakes.

It was just one of those days, friend.

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
Rules to live by:

2. See # 1.

4. Have good insurance.
Forget about 5: You bet your "$69 full house steam cleaning special" I have insurance!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
First off I understand your frustration. To set your mind at ease we do buy them in bulk and all new in factory box. This may have happened during shipping as we all know how UPS is on boxes. And though I am sure this is not the case this time, sometimes the handle can slip down in the truck or at a job and loosen or break a fitting.

Yes as Mama Fen said, that is loctite that you see. I don’t mind sending you out a new fitting right away in the am. However in the meantime, you could use some vice grips to take out the nipple on one side. On the other side it will take an easy out tool to get it free. Then a new double male nipple can be bought at any high pressure wash supply or a hydraulic hose repair store. Let me know what I can do and thank you for your support.

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
First off I understand your frustration. To set your mind at ease we do buy them in bulk and all new in factory box. This may have happened during shipping as we all know how UPS is on boxes. And though I am sure this is not the case this time, sometimes the handle can slip down in the truck or at a job and loosen or break a fitting.

Yes as Mama Fen said, that is loctite that you see. I don’t mind sending you out a new fitting right away in the am. However in the meantime, you could use some vice grips to take out the nipple on one side. On the other side it will take an easy out tool to get it free. Then a new double male nipple can be bought at any high pressure wash supply or a hydraulic hose repair store. Let me know what I can do and thank you for your support.
I appreciate the response. A new swivel / female connector sent out asap would be great. Thank you.
Screenshot_20190130-170805_Gallery.jpg

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I appreciate the response. A new swivel / female connector sent out asap would be great. Thank you. View attachment 82644
That is an easy fix. You do not need a new male quick connect or swivel, all you need is a double end threaded nipple. Vice grips and an easy out as Rob said and is probably a 10 minute fix tops.

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
That is an easy fix. You do not need a new male quick connect or swivel, all you need is a double end threaded nipple. Vice grips and an easy out as Rob said and is probably a 10 minute fix tops.
That would work, sure. The only issue is the threads are inside the swivel and there's nothing to grip. I've viced, and any attempt to grab and twist ends up breaking more threaded bits off.

I'd have to dremel at this point, but thinking that may not work out too well.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
That would work, sure. The only issue is the threads are inside the swivel and there's nothing to grip. I've viced, and any attempt to grab and twist ends up breaking more threaded bits off.

I'd have to dremel at this point, but thinking that may not work out too well.
Buy an easy out extractor tool.
Its like a drill bit with reverse threads. Get the right size, tap it in with a hammer and put a ratchet on it. It will unscrew just fine.
Handy tool to have anyway.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Its like a drill bit with reverse threads. Get the right size, tap it in with a hammer and put a ratchet on it. It will unscrew just fine.
I have repaired a few wands over the years with that, it sucks when they get broken but being able to fix them and complete the job is priceless :)

Reactions: PistolPete

SuckItUp

Jun 19, 2012
Clear Lake, TX
www.mean2clean.com
Real Name
Remington
Business Location
United States
I'll look in to it. However, the issue is I shouldn't have to do any of that to begin with.

I never used it. Yet, the threads broke as if it were a Mytee product.

Just bummed because I was excited to use that bad boy after seeing all the reviews and hype.

I don't really have time to fix it.. and honestly I'm not too confident in my ability to do it correctly.