I have invented a New Carpet Cleaning Tool of the future !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gorcon

Nov 19, 2016
Real Name
Gordon Mass
I even won some awards for it including mentorship from top of thier game retirees giving back. It is everyone's opinion that I need to find someone, a very knowledgeable and connected person or persons in my industry to help me develop a working and manufacturable design and bring it to market. Does anybody have any suggestions on who I might approach? Maybe someone who has experience bringing new products to market and or tool and machine manufacturing. Or a ethical company already in the building and selling of tools and machines in the annual 4.8 billion dollar Carpet Cleaning Industry?

Thanks for any help or referrals!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I can help you. After securing an NDA for your protection we can visit the idea. Feel free to pm me for my cell.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
www.goodfaithcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tony H.
Business Location
United States
Man...You are really opening up a can of worms even by asking on this site! I have a friend who trusted, and even had an NDA signed by, a colleague but then had his idea ripped off and sold by the same guy. It was small potatoes but it taught me something. Remember that an idea is only an idea. There are millions of good ones had by people every day and very few are brought to production because the hard work is done by those who spend the time and money developing, testing and perfecting prototypes. I'm sure they feel that they deserve more than the guy who just had a thought pop into his head, and they probably do.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I hope you make millions, I'm just saying be careful it's a dog eat dog world out there. When it comes to a new product like yours and there's money to be made, it's very hard to find a person worthy of trust. If you have the time and money, make a working prototype yourself and patent it. But do a little research, patents aren't all they're cracked up to be either.

If you don't have the time and money, you can either wait until you do, or put your trust in someone and get as ironclad an NDA as your lawyer can possibly draw up. Even then be prepared to make much less than you think you will. BTW, I'm no expert, but in my limited experience it seems that being the first guy to get something to market is way more important than waiting for a patent, they can usually be gotten around pretty easily.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Man...You are really opening up a can of worms even by asking on this site! I have a friend who trusted, and even had an NDA signed by, a colleague but then had his idea ripped off and sold by the same guy. It was small potatoes but it taught me something. Remember that an idea is only an idea. There are millions of good ones had by people every day and very few are brought to production because the hard work is done by those who spend the time and money developing, testing and perfecting prototypes. I'm sure they feel that they deserve more than the guy who just had a thought pop into his head, and they probably do.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I hope you make millions, I'm just saying be careful it's a dog eat dog world out there. When it comes to a new product like yours and there's money to be made, it's very hard to find a person worthy of trust. If you have the time and money, make a working prototype yourself and patent it. But do a little research, patents aren't all they're cracked up to be either.

If you don't have the time and money, you can either wait until you do, or put your trust in someone and get as ironclad an NDA as your lawyer can possibly draw up. Even then be prepared to make much less than you think you will. BTW, I'm no expert, but in my limited experience it seems that being the first guy to get something to market is way more important than waiting for a patent, they can usually be gotten around pretty easily.
agreed....
you might just find someone to market it and forget the paton.....
everyone copies everyone in this businsess sooner are later....
example:
saphire copied prochem...simialar to hydraforce.....
most all HX are the same.....
zipper is a copy tweak of a drag wand....
bonzer copied zipper, mytee will do the same
a guy had a patent on glide wands 10 years ago....
look how many wand glides there are now!!!!!!!

hydratech, siroco... all make siiliar recovery systems,
no way to patent a engine blower combo with pressure washer.....

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
True, many similar products come out. Pepsi copied Coca-cola and so did many others. But, there is an advantage to being first to become well known in a market even if others do eventually copy your product. Work with a company that can get you into the market place.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
True, many similar products come out. Pepsi copied Coca-cola and so did many others. But, there is an advantage to being first to become well known in a market even if others do eventually copy your product. Work with a company that can get you into the market place.
im in agreement with scott....
dont know much about patents????
another example:
look at all the dry flow upholstery tools now....
saphire
hydraforce
rotovac
mytee
all great tools...ill never go back to the old ones
all very similiar ...dont know if anyone has a patent

Gorcon

Nov 19, 2016
Real Name
Gordon Mass

Thanks for taking the time, but I do have lawyers, a team behind me and a strong utility patent. I just need a little help from somebody that knows the players

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thanks for taking the time, but I do have lawyers, a team behind me and a strong utility patent. I just need a little help from somebody that knows the players
No one has deeper market penetration than I do. No one has more 5 star reviews than I do. Also I have several referrals of people I have put on the map I this industry. The only, and I repeat, the only 3 or 4 that went awry, were because we didn’t have a written agreement. Either way, good luck.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Apply for a patent and take copies of all plans and mail them to yourself and never open them (this holds up in court against thieves for determining date of original idea). Protect yourself and good luck!