I hate f*#!%#g with portables.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It's all about what your market wants I guess. If I lived in a lower priced area, and I couldn't charge enough $$ for HWE, I would just do CRB cleans fast and cheap, lol. Help out the low ball customers. I know what you mean about feeling guilty though, lol.

What was the oxy-fresh protocol for cleans where a CRB just won't cut it? Just do it anyway, and hope they don't get a bad review? I am genuinely curious. It's pretty incredible that they built a national franchise of a CRB and hydrogen peroxide, when you think about it.

Well the franchise I worked in was owned by a Little Caesars/Sports Clip brothers who didn't know a thing about carpet cleaning. The CEO/sales team of Oxi Fresh essentially invited them in with no upfront cost so they had a leg up on other franchises.

The protocol initially was - TRUST THE PROCESS AND IT WILL COME CLEAN. Well that ended up costing us bad reviews and many technicians lost their bonus because they were paid as commission techs - so if they didn't do the job they wouldn't get paid and vice versa if they did the job and got a bad review they could lose up to 50% of their bonus. So it was a bullshit system all around.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Well the franchise I worked in was owned by a Little Caesars/Sports Clip brothers who didn't know a thing about carpet cleaning. The CEO/sales team of Oxi Fresh essentially invited them in with no upfront cost so they had a leg up on other franchises.

The protocol initially was - TRUST THE PROCESS AND IT WILL COME CLEAN. Well that ended up costing us bad reviews and many technicians lost their bonus because they were paid as commission techs - so if they didn't do the job they wouldn't get paid and vice versa if they did the job and got a bad review they could lose up to 50% of their bonus. So it was a bullshit system all around.
Wow, that's wild. I couldn't imagine screwing my employees like that. My experience has showed me that staying self employed is where it's at. Employees are so expensive, if you pay them a living wage that is.

Prowler

Aug 3, 2014
Corpus Christi
www.DoctorSteemer.com
Real Name
Mr. Harrison
Business Location
United States
My TM machine was strong and much heat but seemed to require much maintenance. Some hose burst once a month. Oil change was a pain. It went thru a lot of belts and couplers, The dema valve would get stuck and clog, The over flow shut off valve would not ever work right. Small stuff but all the time something. It seemed like my portable would go long time without problems or in need of maintenance. My portable with a booster and 2" hose had good suction (13hg) at 150ft. I rarely ever used more than 150ft. If so just add another booster at 150ft.

Reactions: JRH

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
The more times I get burnt driving around downtown and waking in to find a completely trashed polyester couch or busted carpet, the more I want to just say no thanks to anything the TM can't do. It's like their problem becomes my problem every time I try.
get a nautilus extreme(motors in parallel)/mytee LX/jaguar 8.4 and an external inline heater like mytee hot turbo, this is the best easily accessible portable setup I can think of on the market currently. It should be very good on high rises unless you guess it, if there's no electricity inside the condo suite.