I hate f*#!%#g with portables. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I hate f*#!%#g with portables.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
With portables the quality definitely matters. Either way, logistically its more of a pain in the ass.

Only a God like @Jim Davisson can use it better than a TM

Reactions: pgcleaner

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Im using all portables for 25yrs , drive a BMW , no mortgage , van is new Mercedes bought for cash . What more is there , America you lazy ... lol
I'd rather be lazy than dumb.

Reactions: SRD

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With portables the quality definitely matters. Either way, logistically its more of a pain in the ass.

Only a God like @Jim Davisson can use it better than a TM

Setting up and breaking down quickly, along with high performance is key. Building specific equipment that checks all those boxes is everything. Doing the same types of jobs, 10's of thousands of times with the same piece of equipment teaches you a few things.

Last couple of days of TM jobs are killing me... 4 stories high and filthy. Bid this high and landed it. Can't wait to get back to my gravy 25 minute high rise jobs riding elevators.

Reactions: keep it clean

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Setting up and breaking down quickly, along with high performance is key. Building specific equipment that checks all those boxes is everything. Doing the same types of jobs, 10's of thousands of times with the same piece of equipment teaches you a few things.

Last couple of days of TM jobs are killing me... 4 stories high and filthy. Bid this high and landed it. Can't wait to get back to my gravy 25 minute high rise jobs riding elevators.

Ass. Hole. =)

Brian289

Jul 21, 2013
Real Name
Brandon
Currently doing 350+ rooms 350+ tile floors and 11+ hallways all with a porty auto full auto pump out loving it!

Reactions: JRH

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah that should only take you about an entire month to complete

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
What is it hotel? Nice if you can leave your stuff there and just walk in the morning and begin each day. Lol i go crazy if im on any job longer then 3 days no matter what type of work it is. I have to leave and go somewhere else to get a break.

Reactions: Brian289

Brian289

Jul 21, 2013
Real Name
Brandon
What is it hotel? Nice if you can leave your stuff there and just walk in the morning and begin each day. Lol i go crazy if im on any job longer then 3 days no matter what type of work it is. I have to leave and go somewhere else to get a break.
Yes its a hotel I leave all the stuff in a spot near the service elevator with no problem .I dont even need to drive my van there .im only doing 3 days a week so I have time to do my residential cleanings and installations.. The GM and owner love the way the carpets looks. gonna be doing another hotel that he owns in July its gonna be a good year.

Reactions: keep it clean

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
A complete carpet cleaner should have both, truck mount and a portable just in case those high rise jobs or far away jobs that are not reachable with the truck mount can also be clean and charge well and don’t leave money on the table.

Reactions: Brian289