I give up...

kitinseattle

Oct 1, 2015
Real Name
kit sinclair
do you have a page? it has to have a green check on it, then you can set all that stuff up
You'll have a much better chance of showing up on Google if you ask your customers for reviews. Reviews are what drives your listing to the 1st page. All your customers need is a gmail address, you give them your Google page address, and they can post reviews.

Reactions: Omar

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
You'll have a much better chance of showing up on Google if you ask your customers for reviews. Reviews are what drives your listing to the 1st page. All your customers need is a gmail address, you give them your Google page address, and they can post reviews.
If they ever follow through.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Actually....that's not what drives you to the 1st page, I wish it did. I'm not an SEO guy, but citations, backlinks, etc does that. @Jose Holguin

Reactions: Jose Holguin

aspenedelen

Premium VIP
Mar 21, 2006
www.louiescarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Anthony Edelen
Business Location
United States
Content, content and more content relevant to what you are doing is what drives me to own the first eight slots on Page 1 of Google

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Actually....that's not what drives you to the 1st page, I wish it did. I'm not an SEO guy, but citations, backlinks, etc does that. @Jose Holguin
I was gonna mention that earlier Jimmy but I just skipped it. Reviews do have an impact on google search rankings but it's pretty low. Having an optimized and seo friendly website would be #1 then comes citations, quality backlinks, social media presence and so on...

Don't get me wrong, reviews are a great conversion asset but they don't have a huge bearing on seo rankings.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I got web master from my network group looking into my site right now for a complete build... After he is done building it I have another guy that has the number one slot on google for SEO who is going to provide seo for me... both are willing to work trade with me....This is where it gets real for me fellas....

Reactions: Artie09

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I got web master from my network group looking into my site right now for a complete build... After he is done building it I have another guy that has the number one slot on google for SEO who is going to provide seo for me... both are willing to work trade with me....This is where it gets real for me fellas....
Ha geeks are #1 on over promising and under delivering.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Ha geeks are #1 on over promising and under delivering.
If they deliver anything it will be better then nothing which is what I have now....1 job from my website every 2 months isnt getting me anywhere... I did a lot of the things people told me to do in this thread for my online presence and it has gotten me nowhere... Im gonna leave this up to the pros...

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
If they deliver anything it will be better then nothing which is what I have now....1 job from my website every 2 months isnt getting me anywhere... I did a lot of the things people told me to do in this thread for my online presence and it has gotten me nowhere... Im gonna leave this up to the pros...
Hook up wuth @Jose Holguin he can point you in the right direction now and he works for tacos.

If you need work start beating on commercial doors if you're still doing carpet. Its year round work and consistant.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Hook up wuth @Jose Holguin he can point you in the right direction now and he works for tacos.

If you need work start beating on commercial doors if you're still doing carpet. Its year round work and consistant.
Maybe its consistent for people that have advertising that works in place... I do not have advertising in place that works other then craigslist which doesnt really bring in much work at all...I have hit a wall at about 5k a month with what craigslist can do for me. Now I need 3 more advertising venues just like it... Jose does seem fairly we b savvy but he certainly never mentioned to me that he was an seo expert for hire...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Im sure beating on commercial doors works great for guys that are people people and have a clint eastwood chin... I however do not have either of those traits... My face looks mostly the same 24 hours a day I was born with this face and I even tried slamming it into the concrete a whole bunch when I was a kid to straighten it out but no matter what I do my face always looks pissed off... This is not a good selling point to walk into offices with and it doesnt work... I would have better luck throwing bags of drugs with My business card at random people....

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
@john gerding

I would have better luck throwing bags of drugs with My business card at random people....

Then Do that and keep it rolling

Reactions: john gerding

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I'm good with seo and design but hate and I mean HATE coming up with website copy, haven't found anyone to hire or help me in months. I'm developing the best damn website the industry has ever seen and I have no content to fill it up with.

Reactions: Mike Krall

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I'm good with seo and design but hate and I mean HATE coming up with website copy, haven't found anyone to hire or help me in months. I'm developing the best damn website the industry has ever seen and I have no content to fill it up with.
Well I dont know what website copy is so cant help ya there.....But it hardly sounds like you have time to help others with their seo?

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Well I dont know what website copy is so cant help ya there.....But it hardly sounds like you have time to help others with their seo?
Written content is what I'm talking about and no, Mike was just kidding around about the SEO stuff.

I was actually considering trading my wordpress template with all of the custom functionalities for written content with a newbee who can write content copy for me.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Im sure beating on commercial doors works great for guys that are people people and have a clint eastwood chin... I however do not have either of those traits... My face looks mostly the same 24 hours a day I was born with this face and I even tried slamming it into the concrete a whole bunch when I was a kid to straighten it out but no matter what I do my face always looks pissed off... This is not a good selling point to walk into offices with and it doesnt work... I would have better luck throwing bags of drugs with My business card at random people....
Dude don't discount yourself. I look like Shrek and scare small children and big women. If I can sell stuff so can anyone. You ever see Chumly? If that stupid (acting) bastard can sell swords to people while spitting in their face then you don't need to be Brad Pitt to get an account.

All ya gotta do is suit up, I prefer my work shirt and jeans, but sometimes I go full hottie. Go to some small commercial first and scope the place out after hours. If it looks like they need some cleaning then put them on your hit list. Check them out the next day and offer them your services. Have a nice print out prepared with pictures and a description of what's going on in them. Have a list of services, a history write up,etc and drop it off.

The other route is scope out potential places and cold call them. Schedule an appointment and do a walk through. You don't have to talk their ears off.

The 3rd option is an idea @shane deubell has or more like a service, go into some restaurants and offer a bathroom cleaning service. Those are usually poorly kept shit holes, but it's consistent money that you can knock out with just a spinner. The results are dramatic and that will lead you to the magical upsell of carpet and/or tile.

You already took a gigantic step in your life going from employee to employer. 90% of the sheep population can't do that let alone try.

Odin had some golden words of wisdom in a post I read not too long ago. The best tool you have is your checkbook. Go spend it on your appearance if it bothers you. Those chicks with clippers can work miracles.