I give up...

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Yeah that is a good price if its in good shape. I would still haggle..I see pieces of junk porties on craigslist all the time people trying to get top dollar for their junk.. like 2k for some dinky little thing with a handle that you can carry it like a suitcase...lol.. of course they sit there on cl for months until the seller gives up... last year this guy had his speedster with a dead pump up there for 500 bucks I offered him 350 and he refused... his porty still pops up on cl once in a while...
Greetings to All,
That's how I got mine ! Haggle ! Always had to be a REASON for the purchase and then SOMETHING EXTRA I NEEDED OR WANTED to make it WORTHWHILE . Bought three like this all with wands and hose set ups ,upholstery tool etc. Never paid more than $140 for one.
All the Best,Ed

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Greetings to All,
That's how I got mine ! Haggle ! Always had to be a REASON for the purchase and then SOMETHING EXTRA I NEEDED OR WANTED to make it WORTHWHILE . Bought three like this all with wands and hose set ups ,upholstery tool etc. Never paid more than $140 for one.
All the Best,Ed
140 for a porty? Dang thats cheap.... I never seen one that cheap ever..

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
140 for a porty? Dang thats cheap.... I never seen one that cheap ever..
Greetings to All,
Little Clarke 16i self contained with a 15ft. hose setup and a nice two jet stainless wand . Looks crappy but it will be the back up .
Second was an old EDIC Stealth that came with about 75ft. Of 1 1/2 " hose and that nice single jet wand Mike is looking for ....... $85 . Third one was a US Products 300 psi. with a wand ,upholstery tool (BTK 400) hose set ups ,US PRODUCTS drill brush . ..... $100.
Using the shell of the EDIC for a power booster and the US products machine behind it as the main unit.
All the Best,Ed

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Maybe Ed is 90 years old and bought the portables in 1955;)

I never have good luck finding cheap used equipment.
Greetings to All,
LOL !!!!! Not 90 but just did turn 60 !! LOL !! Always had to be something there even if the thing didn't pass the "test". All worked , just had issues that the owner couldn't figure out or was too scared to get in to. Bought a nearly new Viper 17175 with a 1 3/4 hp. motor
Tile brush,and a pad driver that was never used in an auction for $60. Actually, $66 because the auction house gets 10 percent .
All the Best,Ed

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Greetings to All,
Nice little 13inch Thoromatic machine on the Pgh. CrazyList for $375 and an older Kent 17 inch for $400 that been on for a couple years .
All the Best, Ed

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Johnny, what can you tell me about the mytee m5? All i know is its 500 psi and 2 motors with an apo for $1200
That's what I started my business out with. A Mytee M5. Has auto fill, auto dump, two 3stage vacuum motors. It's a great porty. You will need to order extra toggle switches from Granger as the original ones will just die on you at the worst tims. The replacement ones from Granger will last forever.

Reactions: john gerding

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
That's what I started my business out with. A Mytee M5. Has auto fill, auto dump, two 3stage vacuum motors. It's a great porty. You will need to order extra toggle switches from Granger as the original ones will just die on you at the worst tims. The replacement ones from Granger will last forever.
I wish i could jump on it. Its very important to have a porty as a backup, or in areas were your tm just cant reach.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Greetings to All,
John can't find it now in the 250,000 sq.ft.warehouse under the last six truck mounts he bought !! LOL !!
All the Best,Ed

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Yes you should have a porty... keep in mind it may sit for a while but eventually you will use it to make money... it is especially great if you ever want to get into stone polishing... so you dont have to go out to truck to shut off the machine between steps... also high rises and other places with no truckmount access, or a backup if your rig breaks down mid job...
I had to use the Steamin' Demon this week. I was working at a condo and couldn't get the truck anywhere near where I was working. Glad I had it. It impressed the customer. She said I got the carpet much cleaner than the last guy. :)

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
You know @john gerding you should do a video chat through Skype or Google hangouts with @Omar so he can walk you through things like setting up your Google plus page. Food for thought. That's what I did with my folks sense they live 2 hours away and have zero comp skills. Not saying you have no comp skills. Just trying to make life easier for everyone.

Reactions: john gerding

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
You know @john gerding you should do a video chat through Skype or Google hangouts with @Omar so he can walk you through things like setting up your Google plus page. Food for thought. That's what I did with my folks sense they live 2 hours away and have zero comp skills. Not saying you have no comp skills. Just trying to make life easier for everyone.
Not a half bad idea accept I dont own a web cam. I can figure it out if I ever get the post card. just takes time and commitment.

Reactions: Hawkins

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Not a half bad idea accept I dont own a web cam. I can figure it out if I ever get the post card. just takes time and commitment.
So John, when you get the post card, (and you can do this before you get the post card) if you have trouble verifying your business on Google. Go to the help center https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en and click on contact us using your desk top. There is a phone number you can call to get them to verify it on the spot. I've personally had to do this a few times after making changes to my page because the verify button did not work. Thought this might help just in case you run into this problem.