I give up...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I am left with no choice but to become that which I despise the most...A hack, A bait and switcher, A splash and dasher.... I have been spinning in circles for 4 years... I cant make anymore money then it takes to get to the next paycheck...
I am back working for satan after things didnt work out with deckers.... I make 17% commission and he advertises to low end clientele... there are a lot of higher end jobs daily but the dispatcher gives all the money jobs to the same techs everyday because they will go in and fast talk the customer into spending over 1k and finish the job in an hour then move onto another sucker...These guys never run under a thousand... meanwhile I am across town spending 3 hours on a 400 dollar job and all the jobs are flying off the board faster then I can rake the carpet...

Today my first job was a guy trying to get his 92 year old grandmothers assisted living unit cleaned for bottom dollar... I arrived on the job being told I would have to vlm it because it was not accessable by truckmount.... the carpet looked horrid and it was full of soap.... so I see the need for fiber rinse and crb.... the guy was not there and I had to call him on the phone for credit card so I call him and tell him that it would be an extra 80 bucks for the treatment and scrub... he gets really aggro and tells me he doesnt want any extras because his grandmother could die at any minute....( im thinking to myself so you would rather her die in a disgusting hole in the wall then drop 80 bucks)

So I tell him fine basic cleaning will run you 138.56 then he asks why the tax is so high and I tell him the company has an 8 dollar sur fee.... he then says "you just pissed me off pack your stuff and leave" so this scum douche bag is going to let his grandmother die on a filthy ass carpet over 8 bucks... so now 2 hours of my morning is gone because of this idiot... I make it to my first paying job by 10:15 the job took me 3 hours for 5 hammered areas with crb scrub and went for a little over 400... I left there about 1:30 had a quick lunch and made it to my next by 2:15...5 areas again but takes me only 2 hours on ground floor and not so hammered.... went for 250...
so I call in expecting a third final appointment that would hopefully go for 3 or 400 to make my 1k.... dispatch says " thats it your done" it was 4:30 and there was no work left.... 8 techs knocked out over 40 jobs before 4 oclock...

I spoke to two of them and one ran 1700 and the other ran 1400 and they are off before 5 oclock...

So today for a full days work I made 100 bucks before taxes while these other dudes made 250 to 300 bucks...
By now Im pretty pissed about how things went and I realize that I will never make enough money to start my company being mr nice guy that does quality work... I can not beat them so I am left with no choice but to join them...these guys dont clean at all they just run the wand over the carpet a single pass after selling a bunch of lies to the customer they wet and jet with 3 to 4 times the money I make doing a good job for people....

It,s disgusting and I have no choice but to become this if I ever hope to move forward... so thats where Im at merry flipping christmas....

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Well no crap captain obvious...:) problem is I dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out... I need a minnimum of about 8k just to be operational and I can barely pay my bills... so you see my predicament... I dont have any credit or anyone that would loan me the money not that I would borrow it anyway... I have no choice at this point.... my coworkers are pulling 4k a month while im lucky to clear 2k... because I actually clean carpet... at this point it,s do or die... I can either stop cleaning and start scamming or I can spin my wheels another 4 years...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Go commercial solo, sounds like you need it.
Are you thinking vlm? I to be honest I hadnt really considered that.... a buffer and some encap juice and im off.... but I dont have the commercial sells experience I wouldnt have a clue where to begin....

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
There are sources of money available. You have to look and present a valid business plan. Show them your work history, why you will succeed and how much you need and what it will produce. Show a 5 year business plan and start looking for funding.
Dude I have no desire to go into debt... I wanna make a living not lose my mind worrying 24/7.... I have seen what loans do to people...

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
There's always Crab fishing. :p:p:p:p

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I would venture to guess that given your experience, you might find someone here on TMF that might loan you the $ you need to get started.
I wouldnt doubt it but what if I screw it up? then I got the tmf lynch mob lookin for me...lol... I could just see it now.... johnny bravo and frank digi show up with black suits and terminator shades ready to turn my white ass inside out...:D

Reactions: scccmike

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure why you think you need $8000 plenty of people here have started successful companies with about $15-$2000 worth of investments hitting the streets and doing what you have been doing treating people fair and honest.
I have no truck... no van... not going to find anything for less then 3k worth pissing on... I have the prowler but nowhere to put it... I have the trailer but no way to register it... the original owner may not have even owned the trailer...I have a potential job that could possibly leave me with 2k but I have little hope for it...

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I bought a 175 at a pawn shop, a 19 inch SSS, for $125. They were asking $200 for it. I offered $125.00 for it and they said no. I went in a couple of weeks later and talked to them about it again. I offered them $125. They said no. I started toward the door and they said wait, will you do $135. I said no. They took 125.

jbc71

Jun 21, 2013
Real Name
jeffrey charles
Exactly what the admiral said. Perform as your peers. Give the customer what they want, offer protector and deodorizer and get to the next call.

Reactions: AquaSteamer.com