I found a new use for my truckmount | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I found a new use for my truckmount

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
My kitchen sink was clogged. I worked on it all night last night. Came home at about 1:00 today to work on it. I tried some Thrift on the clog. I have never had it fail to unclog a drain until it met its match with this clog. So, Thrift didnt work...what to do? What would any self-respecting carpet cleaner do? Call a plumber? Nope! I went and got the porty off the truck. Disconnected the Ptrap. Connected the 1.5" to the pipe and turned the porty on. No luck. Call the plumber? Nope. I pulled the truck up to the door and pulled the hose in. Started the TM. Connected said hose to the pipe..POP! Some big wad of something came out. I wish i had a sight tube so i could have seen what it was. I may offer the service to plumbers. :D

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
hopefully you dont end up with possible leaks from the suction lol

glad it worked plumbing is the worst. i hate plumbing i've got a couple toilets too pull for a floor job and i hate it

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
But
What you can do is buy a Hydra Jet with different heads on it and add a quick connect

You DO NOT want to run your cleaning solution line down a drain/sewer line and use it for cleaning. store the hydrajet line separate and connect it when you need it. Just make sure your pump can handle the PSI and water output.

Hydrajet/ same as snake for clearing clogs except uses water to shred the clog with High PSI

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
My kitchen sink was clogged. I worked on it all night last night. Came home at about 1:00 today to work on it. I tried some Thrift on the clog. I have never had it fail to unclog a drain until it met its match with this clog. So, Thrift didnt work...what to do? What would any self-respecting carpet cleaner do? Call a plumber? Nope! I went and got the porty off the truck. Disconnected the Ptrap. Connected the 1.5" to the pipe and turned the porty on. No luck. Call the plumber? Nope. I pulled the truck up to the door and pulled the hose in. Started the TM. Connected said hose to the pipe..POP! Some big wad of something came out. I wish i had a sight tube so i could have seen what it was. I may offer the service to plumbers. :D
My A/C line was clogged yesterday so I called ac guy. He blew line out. Was leaking this morning and he cam back to blow line again. Started leaking again so when I got home from last job I pulled Van next to house and put vacuum hose on ac line and sucked out what was causing the clog.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I unclogged a central vac the other day, someone sucked up a foam dart for a nerf gun. Popped right out. Homeowner was happy to be able to use her central vac again

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I used my portable to get a wash rag out of the shitter trap. My fault i dumped a bucket and forgot there was a rag in it. Also works to pull hair clogs out of bath tub trap.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
But
What you can do is buy a Hydra Jet with different heads on it and add a quick connect

You DO NOT want to run your cleaning solution line down a drain/sewer line and use it for cleaning. store the hydrajet line separate and connect it when you need it. Just make sure your pump can handle the PSI and water output.

Hydrajet/ same as snake for clearing clogs except uses water to shred the clog with High PSI
Hydrajet lines are also more pliable and can make the bends. I used one they are pretty cool. Once in the pipe they feed them selves till they hit a blockage.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I used my portable to get a wash rag out of the shitter trap. My fault i dumped a bucket and forgot there was a rag in it. Also works to pull hair clogs out of bath tub trap.
quit shaving ur legs dude

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
funny you start this thread. Just a few days ago we go out to eat and come back and the almost full Tide jug fell off the dryer and the cap busted off. Used wet/dry vac to get most of it up then got out my spinner and rinsed the rest off.

Easy Peezy

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
I keep my mytee m-12 in my basement my washer drain was clogged with lint. I sucked it out with my portable, i knew it would be good for something! LOL