I did my first suicide clean up last night | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I did my first suicide clean up last night

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
it was in your area too. Only land mark I can think of is I went past chaperelle HS
I was both in San diego and temecula yesterday... Going every where now lol. Home town in temecula hit the spot after a long day lol

Murder clean up, ew..
I wouldn't even know how to do that

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
The Judge in the Trayvon case told the jurors they could convict Zimmerman of this mans killing if they want.

Reactions: The Dirt Army

0331grunt

Feb 3, 2011
OK
Real Name
Craig Osburn
Business Location
United States
I've done several of these type of jobs and it never fails that I get hungry about mid way through them.. strange :confused:

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Tom, I hope you used full PPE and followed bio-hazard disposal requirements.

This stuff is a whole different business with some serious legal (and health) issues if you don't know what you are doing. I'm just saying...

True confession time: I used to cut corners on things like this. But times have changed. And by the way you can charge for all the things you legally have to do now.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.https://shop.truckmountforums.com.com

PS I remember shortly after I sold my business but was still working there as a consultant the manager of one of the apartment complexes we serviced stuck a 30-06 in his mouth and pulled the trigger. There were pieces of his brain and skull plastered over the walls of three rooms in his apartment. The new owner of my company didn't want to go there and just wanted to send out the techs. I forced him to go since my rule was I would never force an employee to do something I wouldn't do. He went outside and heaved his guts out.

BTW, we used 16" drywall trowels to scrape the walls down. No PPE. Dumb.

0331grunt

Feb 3, 2011
OK
Real Name
Craig Osburn
Business Location
United States
The new owner of my company didn't want to go there and just wanted to send out the techs. I forced him to go since my rule was I would never force an employee to do something I wouldn't do. He went outside and heaved his guts out.

The company I used to work for, the owner never went out on these calls... said he couldn't handle it. He just wanted us to handle it so he could make the $$$.... one reason I left :cool:, I am of the mindset that your leader should be an example to follow, not just listen to.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Tom, I hope you used full PPE and followed bio-hazard disposal requirements.

This stuff is a whole different business with some serious legal (and health) issues if you don't know what you are doing. I'm just saying...

True confession time: I used to cut corners on things like this. But times have changed. And by the way you can charge for all the things you legally have to do now.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.https://shop.truckmountforums.com.com

I was being trained by a certified hazmat clean up guy. we had PPE suits on with layers of gloves. He taped my sleeve to the glove so no wrist would be exposed ( I think he thought it would be funny to tape it tight). This was good hands on training. He just told me what to do. Never would have thought of throw away the utility knife after using it on a job like this. He carries cheap knives for that reason

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
PS I remember shortly after I sold my business but was still working there as a consultant the manager of one of the apartment complexes we serviced stuck a 30-06 in his mouth and pulled the trigger. There were pieces of his brain and skull plastered over the walls of three rooms in his apartment. The new owner of my company didn't want to go there and just wanted to send out the techs. I forced him to go since my rule was I would never force an employee to do something I wouldn't do. He went outside and heaved his guts out.

BTW, we used 16" drywall trowels to scrape the walls down. No PPE. Dumb.
From the places I have worked I am not sure we would do any flood, mold or carpet cleaning if the owner/ boss had to know how to do what he was ordering us to do.
PS the boss I had at coit has the most respect of anyone I ever worked for. He got diagnosed with a serious kidney/ liver issue and told he had a short time to live... He wouldn't talk about it and showed up to work every day. His eyes were bright yellow and you could tell he was hurting, but he wanted to be treated like he was every day before. So you can set a good example without going out to a job. This was just a extreme way to show commitment