I could kick myself | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I could kick myself

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Just realised yesterday when a client called and asked why I never responded to her request for an appointment via the contact form on my web site that its because the "catch all" I though was set up, isnt.
Got it set up now and have already had two inquiries and booked one of them. Still chatting with the other. The site host asked if I wanted an excel file for them all since last year. I said sure and it looks like 52 responders I lost. Pretty sure if I analyse the names that I will have had some of them but most are gone.

Should I email them all and let them know I am about but had an issue thats just been resolved? Albeit from a year ago?

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Nah if it has been more than a week or so move on .

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
ouch,
$10,000 lesson.

Like David said.................

too late, move on.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Yeah I figure those missed opportunities stopped me going over 200k this year.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Just realised yesterday when a client called and asked why I never responded to her request for an appointment via the contact form on my web site that its because the "catch all" I though was set up, isnt.
Got it set up now and have already had two inquiries and booked one of them. Still chatting with the other. The site host asked if I wanted an excel file for them all since last year. I said sure and it looks like 52 responders I lost. Pretty sure if I analyse the names that I will have had some of them but most are gone.

Should I email them all and let them know I am about but had an issue thats just been resolved? Albeit from a year ago?
And I am not rubbing it in. I have a few expensive mistakes of my own. I have also shared with the forum in hopes others will not repeat my stupid decisions.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Yeah I figure those missed opportunities stopped me going over 200k this year.
money in the bank for next year.

So you putting a second van on the road next year so you can blow it out and top 350K??????????

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
And I am not rubbing it in. I have a few expensive mistakes of my own. I have too shared with the forum in hopes others will not repeat my stupid decisions.
I realise that, but thanks for mentioning it. If I was not so busy I would have realised the web site enquiries had stopped (well i would like to think so anyway) interesting though, its still 50% more enquiries than yellow pages managed to get me in the same time, and i never got those either.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
money in the bank for next year.

So you putting a second van on the road next year so you can blow it out and top 350K??????????
I already have two. My son is on one, me the other. Frankly I will be ok if we get to 225/250 next year. Thats the plan/goal.
If you read my thread about yellow pages, I will be down a little income from them but up by virtue of the fact I am not paying them 12k. I just scored a restaurant that, funnily enough, is a $1000 a month for the next twelve months. Gotta like that!

Reactions: aloha one

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I already have two. My son is on one, me the other. Frankly I will be ok if we get to 225/250 next year. Thats the plan/goal.
If you read my thread about yellow pages, I will be down a little income from them but up by virtue of the fact I am not paying them 12k. I just scored a restaurant that, funnily enough, is a $1000 a month for the next twelve months. Gotta like that!
I apologize.
I was thinking you must be super high priced with that high of a total with one van...............
You and your son makes more sense. You are averaging closer to what my vans do.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I apologize.
I was thinking you must be super high priced with that high of a total with one van...............
You and your son makes more sense. You are averaging closer to what my vans do.
No worries. Today was an $1800 day and finished by 3.30 for my son and 1.30 for me. Not always like that of course. As for high priced, its all relative to local economy I guess. Some of my competitors price lower than me and a few a little higher I think but I get most of what I do quote and many, many more folks never even ask for pricing. I think its my English accent.;)

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Ouch. Costly mistake. Mitigation time. Besides your time, what exactly would you lose by contacting the *fell thru the cracks* customers ?
Offer an "i goofed up & i want to make it up to u" offer. Its a free chance to contact them. U miss a hundred percent of the customers you dont contact ... except in this situation. You can break the mold ... you can be the exception that proves the rule.
Ok enough funny stuff ... in all reality ....
what.do.u.have.to.lose ??

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Ouch. Costly mistake. Mitigation time. Besides your time, what exactly would you lose by contacting the *fell thru the cracks* customers ?
Offer an "i goofed up & i want to make it up to u" offer. Its a free chance to contact them. U miss a hundred percent of the customers you dont contact ... except in this situation. You can break the mold ... you can be the exception that proves the rule.
Ok enough funny stuff ... in all reality ....
what.do.u.have.to.lose ??
That was my original thought. Then I got lazy.
Its on my radar for today.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I just sent this. Its a single email that I think allows anyone, recent or a long time ago, to feel its personal to them.

We just found out from our website host that for the last year or so we have not been getting the emails through from our contact form.
We know you contacted us and just wanted to apologise for not getting back to you..
Its likely too late for us to offer any help right now with carpet, upholstery or tile cleaning but would ask you to consider us in the future if or when the need arises again.
This is not a spam message and you can be assured we WILL NOT contact you again, we are just wanting to reach out and offer this apology for not being available to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: aloha one

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I just sent this. Its a single email that I think allows anyone, recent or a long time ago, to

We just found out from our website host that for the last year or so we have not been getting the emails through from our contact form.
We know you contacted us and just wanted to apologise for not getting back to you..
Its likely too late for us to offer any help right now with carpet, upholstery or tile cleaning but would ask you to consider us in the future if or when the need arises again.
This is not a spam message and you can be assured we WILL NOT contact you again, we are just wanting to reach out and offer this apology for not being available to you.

did you already send???

I like it.

I would however make some kind of an apology offer.

Like we would like to offer you 1 free room of protection with any order over our minimum as an apology.
Or free room of carpet when you buy 4 or .?????????????

Some kind of offer to entice them to try to use you the next time they need service.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
did you already send???

I like it.

I would however make some kind of an apology offer.

Like we would like to offer you 1 free room of protection with any order over our minimum as an apology.
Or free room of carpet when you buy 4 or .?????????????

Some kind of offer to entice them to try to use you the next time they need service.
As much as I see your logic, I have never offered deals and I just cannot bring myself do do it now, but I do appreciate the idea of it, thanks!
With giving up yellow pages, I might change this philosophy though. Indeed, I might have to.

Reactions: Spazznout

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
As much as I see your logic, I have never offered deals and I just cannot bring myself do do it now, but I do appreciate the idea of it, thanks!
With giving up yellow pages, I might change this philosophy though. Indeed, I might have to.

Work your plan. Seems like you and your son have a good thing going.

I was just shooting the breeze, throwing around some ideas

ignore me

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith

ignore me
I never ignore folks I respect. If I dont get the ideas I cant use or reject them can I?
One good thing thats come out of this is this:
I can download my enquiry list in excel format then import it (presumably) into my contacts or other crm program.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith

ignore me
Actually, you are right and its too late now. I ought to have offered them a bottle of spotter, hand delivered.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Interesting. Two delivery fails and one reply so far, thanking me for getting back to them.