I can't take it anymore..............Agitation vs Heat | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I can't take it anymore..............Agitation vs Heat

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
And others would redo your portable to eliminate the heat and add more suction.

The low psi can be overcome by larger jets.

The heat will slow you down if you actually want to use it because you will be waiting for the water to get hotter.

However this wait can be taken up with 3 or 4 dry strokes per wet stroke to alleviate some of the issue of low suction..

I think Franks reliance on agitation and maximum suction might go better.
Good points and these are negatives and challenges. The heat that I have is an external heater by esteam and it heats in 1 min. What I do is as soon as I turn on the machine and the heater the water is usually warm from the hot tap water so I start cleaning the non traffic areas like the wall sides or maybe there was a bed there which was moved for the cleaning and by the time I am done with these areas I have full heat 140-150F for the filthy area. :)

Extra Dry passes of minimum of 3 will make things go slower.

I got about 230 psi so it is not too bad but still I prefer minimum 350psi which flushes away the dirt better with good 3 corded extraction system....

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Scrubbing loosens more dirt. I scrub anything hat needs it. Using a 175 right now and a dirt napper with no pad on it. Or I use a white pad on a basic drive block.. Just makes the rinsing easier and most likely getting more soil out. I have no problem with heat and suck. I could get by without it but I rather not. I have double cleaned many times when i should have just scrubbed and been done with it. Some carpets are different and rinse easier. Just have to know when to scrub. or just do it every time and impress your customer even more.

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
Greenie (Jeff) of Greenglides is the person that brought the low shear angle jets to the forefront of wand technology. If you get the shear angle right, the air and water impact will lift the soils towards the vac slot...higher pressures can be used without worry of over wetting the backing.

Dry strokes remain king though, unless your running a huge TM. My EtM is vac compromised by comparison with my old Nissan powered Fox, but my dry times and results are as good or better.
Have to admit the only TM ive ever skipped dry strokes with is a CleanCo 56... the carpets are usually dry in an hour without fans or dry strokes (still important not to zig zag though as forward passes dont get hit by vacuum) That machine is definately my favorite ever and Ive used all of the Hydra masters and Prochems (except everest)

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Brand new carpet , once you scrubb brush it it can look all worn out as the same for fine fabric .

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Sorry Rick I have misunderstood.

When I go to high rises or apartments I do bring my sebo to agitate because as you said the limitation up there will not work alone. For apartments I always use the scrubbing because I use a 2 corded machine with heat, one cord for vac and the other one is for the heat and I have very limited suction with low psi.
Perfect example of my point.

You still had to scrub it.

The way I see it, is that any small benefit in increased water temperature is mostly NEGATED by the limitations it creates in other areas when running a PORTY..............(STFU truckmounters with buku heat)

Heat let's you "get away with" very little in comparison to agitation, and only in generally lighter soil conditions, whereas the friction of mechanical agitation will let you get away with using piss warm water, short dwell times, and less than stellar presprays under heavier soiled conditions...............EVERYTIME.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Think rotary extractors are as effective as they are solely due to their increased flow/recovery flushing capabilities??

Although not at the level of most other purpose specific agitation tools, ROTARY EXTRACTORS PROVIDE THEIR OWN LEVEL OF ADDITIONAL AGITATION in addition to their additional flushing benefits, which are achieved through the contact of the rotating head against the fibers, as well as by forcing the fibers to contact/rub/scrub against each other at a higher rate, and from more directions than the typical one-directional wand stroke.

FRICTION YOU FOOKERS!!

Just as vital as it is in cleaning everything else, just as you do with many other general items over the course of a average day.

Dishes....vehicles....swamp azz......your 3 toofs........carpet is no different, and will reap the same benefits.

I'm off to fondle my Oreck.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
The guys not arguing agitation vs 230 degrees at 12 flow. With limited flow and no efficient way to generate real heat agitation is king.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
With limited flow and no efficient way to generate real heat agitation is king.
True

But dare I say, that even with substantially higher flow and some good stiff heat, that under the vast majority of situations, that agitation is STILL king??

Sure you will be able to "get away with" a lack of agitation under a greater percentage of situations by having substantially higher flow and sustainable heat, but again, agitation lets you "get away with" so much more under most any situation.

Agitation is, and will ALWAYS be King.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Thats the old way , nowadays chems release the soil so it can be vacuumed into the TM . 23 yrs and only 2 rugs have ever been scrubbed .
Heat
Pressure
Big vacuum
Good chems
No scrubbing

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Thats the old way , nowadays chems release the soil so it can be vacuumed into the TM . 23 yrs and only 2 rugs have ever been scrubbed .
Heat
Pressure
Big vacuum
Good chems
No scrubbing
I am sure that with a potent arsenal like that you can handle most situations..... no doubt.

But I'm saying as a stand alone cleaning component judged individually amongst the other pieces of the cleaning pie, that agitation can most effectively compensate for any limitations amongst limitations amongst any other components and is most effective "pound-for-pound" piece of the cleaning pie compared to the others.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Perfect example of my point.

You still had to scrub it.

The way I see it, is that any small benefit in increased water temperature is mostly NEGATED by the limitations it creates in other areas when running a PORTY..............(STFU truckmounters with buku heat)

Heat let's you "get away with" very little in comparison to agitation, and only in generally lighter soil conditions, whereas the friction of mechanical agitation will let you get away with using piss warm water, short dwell times, and less than stellar presprays under heavier soiled conditions...............EVERYTIME.
Yes I will scrub it if I am using a low 200psi pressure, but if I use 350-380 psi than I don't scrub. Here are 2 vids and see what I mean. I did not scrub this filthy carpet at all and the end results were nice using 380psi high heat, a good pre-spray dwell time of about 10-20 minutes and the carpet did dry in 4 hours. Customer than asked me to clean his tiles and I will go back to clean their upholstery and on top of that I got recommended to his friends :)

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Whats so funny?? That little red thing is going to be my portable.. and im getting the heat added to it..

Reactions: FloorCareMD

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Whats so funny?? That little red thing is going to be my portable.. and im getting the heat added to it..
Just my first instinct. No disrespect.... You gonna put it on a cart?

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Youve been a busy little bee. Dual vac ports? APO? You have a pump for it?