I can't take it anymore..............Agitation vs Heat | Page 17 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

I can't take it anymore..............Agitation vs Heat

Discussion in 'Portable Carpet Cleaning' started by goomer, May 31, 2015.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP

May 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -0
    There's a warm water outlet from a power station near me...
    My Gramps took me there as a little fella to catch my first ever fish-Bream
    Fish go nuts there!!!
    Only little-uns though!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,835 / 0 / -0
    You guys need to come to Kerr Lake with me. The hydroelectric dam there pumps out tons of warm, food-laden water and the catfish just sit with their mouths open and get bigger and bigger. The carp there are monstrous too, but they're no fun. They don't fight, lol, they just hang out and look depressed when you catch 'em.

The current record-holder blue cat (143 pounds) comes from there, just off Goat Island. I doubt I'll catch one this size with my Dead Duck dinghy and my stinkbaits, but one can always dream...!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Tater

Tater Active Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Ratings:
    +273 / 1 / -0
    To be fair I knew you did. Seems you did NOT know that VLM cleaning gets out this "heavy, gritty soil" I am glad I have educated you a bit. TMF Forum rocks!

4. StevenB.

StevenB. Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    A few pics from a job I did yesterday. I prevacced, Pre 2017-12-06 09.40.59.jpg sprayed agitated with crb used HWE, Then I used my Oreck orbiter and bonnet. I did a final grooming using my CRB. I will use a rake or wand as well. It depends on the circumstances and customer preference. It was a raised floor so I chose not to flush the pad. This is a repeat customer she's elderly her husband is in hospice. I told her to replace it, she explained she is going to replace it but not until after he passes. She just wants to make it presentable for Christmas. I charged accordingly and offered a follow up service as well because of odor management and wicking issues.
    She was blown away, to be truthful I was as well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    Bought it today but have to wait for delivery. I'm going to love this thing for residential.
    I'm moving more and more towards agitation vs heat. ECO-13-EX_Rear_web.png

Attached Files:

6. kevinj6121

kevinj6121 Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Male
    North carolina
    Ratings:
    +259 / 1 / -0
    Agitation is always good, although some heat will help, you just don't need high heat if employing some good ole fashioned mechanical agitation

• Like Like x 1
  7. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,694 / 3 / -0
    Is that the 13”? Let me know how it goes. Im interested in that one. Perfect for furnished homes. I seem to never get an empty place to work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    Yeah 13 inch op machine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dafloorman

Dafloorman Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +1,662 / 7 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Agitation is where it’s at! Please don’t steal my pic! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. goomer

goomer Well-Known Member

Looks sweet.

But damn...still 100 pounds.

It's a shame that there are none in the 45-55 lb with maybe a nice light 1/2hp motor, which would be a nice little sweet spot for a smaller scrubber/padder like that.

After the Orbiter at only 35 lbs, there are not really any options until you get up into 80+ lbs on the very few lighter 13" 175's out there.

Granted 175 machines are built like fooking tanks, but they are really meant for work on hard flooring, which benefits from the higher friction from the weight.

Do you need 90+ pounds for carpet fibers?

It would be a hard sell to anyone with a 35lb Orbiter who knows how effective it can be with a nice new red pad.

A nice little 45-50 lb orbital, with a 1/2 hp motor and a 14" plate would give me wood.

• Like Like x 1
  11. StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    I can't imagine it's heavier than my 13 inch hawk. I think I read it weighs 88 lbs but who knows with manufacturer's claims. It's a 1/2 hp so that's most of the weight. A 65 lb orbiter would be better but I bet the motor weighs close to that for 1/2 hp.

12. StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    I have heat available, 130ish with my hot turbo and (water otter 350+ psi). Or 145 or so with my (water box 220 psi). I won't be cleaning too many jobs without HWE or CWE and bonnett. I got this mainly for times that I don't use my hot turbo. At least that's my intention. I rarely do commercial carpets, if that changes I might go with a Cimex and keep this one for tight spots.

13. StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Wheatland,Ca.
    Ratings:
    +3,711 / 13 / -0
    I just read it's 82 lbs, 110 shipping.