FB I am looking to bid for a strip and refinish...

M

Mike Raimer

I am looking to bid for a strip and refinish of a corporate store. They want someone to do all their stores in a two district area, which is 20 stores per district. How do you price with this in mind. Each store is done yearly and no maintenance in between. I would eventually buy propane stripping machine, but am not sure how to be competitive with the pricing. Some places would be a two hour drive. Stores are around 7 to 10000 sq ft. I would want to use really good finish and be competitive. Anyone out there have advice? Thanks

M

Mario Gonzalez

On average for this type of scenario , I would be around .35 to .45 a sq ft . It is going to be time consuming to do this with a 175 and probably not efficient . At least use one or two autoscrubbers. Your battery will die and you will need to charge it . You will also need two or three wet vacs with the front squeegee attachement to pick up slurry . I used to use on and on from spartan chemical but I have now have switched to terraglaze from spartan chemical which is meant for terrazzo originally but can be used on vct. It has withheld the abuse of a elementary school and I’m happy with it. I normally lay down five coats. . We use our propane striper machine and it’s a huge difference. Like mowing the lawn. Only one pass and your done .

S

Scott PA Rovang

Pretty hard to price it not seeing the stores and not knowing the area's as they are all different. I always ask the person im dealing with what they pay. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I dont.

M

Mike Raimer

If I get this account I intend on purchasing a propane stripper. Just for the sake of cost. I usually am around 63 for strip and refinish over 1000. If doing that large of a space I could see reducing that. The finish cost is what adds up. I would assume 7 gallons as they state 1000 sqft per gallon, but it never seems to work that way. 5 coats would be sufficient I would assume.