longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
This "Art" sold for $120,000 dollars! Actually, there were two similar pieces of "Art" that sold for this price. The third piece of art was unable to be sold as another artist removed said "Artwork" and ate it. I think it proves P.T. Barnum correct when he said that there was a sucker born every minute.

For those of you that are afraid to charge for your work just think of this as you hand people your bill. Someone paid $120K for a banana that was purchased for about $0.50 at the most (and probably less than 25 cents) and they were happy to pay it. Crazy!
1575905629500.png

• Haha
Reactions: rob allen and SRD

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Headed to the local grocery store now. ;) That "art" is gonna rot pretty quick, but at least it's cheap to replace. I've seen bananas as cheap as about 29 cents per lb. around here, but I'll go higher if I need to. I'll make sure mine's nice and fresh for the art exhibit. I'll even throw in a few extra bunches for snacks while I take those suckers, I mean art collectors, for all I can get!

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
What is the phone # to this person? I got 10 bananas for sale and will even give a bulk price of 140k a piece. Think about the time your saving by getting 10 bananas all from one person vs 1 from someone else ;) .

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You realize "Art" like this is simply an excuse for the rich to funnel money around ?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Take a look sometime at the list of top-20 highest-priced photographs in history. You'll be amazed.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This "Art" sold for $120,000 dollars! Actually, there were two similar pieces of "Art" that sold for this price. The third piece of art was unable to be sold as another artist removed said "Artwork" and ate it. I think it proves P.T. Barnum correct when he said that there was a sucker born every minute.

For those of you that are afraid to charge for your work just think of this as you hand people your bill. Someone paid $120K for a banana that was purchased for about $0.50 at the most (and probably less than 25 cents) and they were happy to pay it. Crazy!
View attachment 88426
A way to lander money.

Money Laundering. Money laundering is the act of hiding the source and/or destination of illegally obtained funds. Money laundering is usually performed so that the profits of criminal activity – be it theft, drug sales, or some other crime – will appear to have originated from a legitimate transaction.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Take a look sometime at the list of top-20 highest-priced photographs in history. You'll be amazed.
This opus sectile image is in Westminster Cathedral, very rare photo...

St Augustine must be the one dressed in white cloth, as if he did labor, you would see dirt on his robes.
The darker color cloths would not show soils / dust.

Pope St Gregory sends St Augustine.jpg

About this photo.

Pope St Gregory sends St Augustine

St Bede the Venerable recounts the scene shown above, of Gregory the Great (although not yet pope) encountering some Anglo-Saxon slaves in the Roman market:

"Therefore to tell truly, it was before his pontificate, when there came to Rome some of our nation who were fair of form having blond curls. Those with him heard that they had come, now saw how he delighted in seeing them . . . . He questioned them as to whose people they were . . . . When they replied: 'We are those who are spoken of as Angles', he said, 'You are angels of God'. Then he said: 'What is the name of the king of these people'. And they said: 'Aelle', and he said: 'Alleluia, for God ought now to be praised. What is the tribe's name to which you belong?' And they said: 'Deira'. And he said: 'They shall flee from the wrath of God (De ira) to faith'."

Gregory had thought to evangelize England himself, but being able to on account of his election to the papacy, he sent his fellow Benedictine, Augustine, with a band of thirty monks.

St Augustine of Canterbury, whose feast we celebrate today (27 May) arrived on 596, and his mission was blessed by God when he baptised King Ethelbert in 597.

This opus sectile image is in Westminster Cathedral.

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just tossed my bananas and duct tape for a good camera! 6.5 million for this one picture. I should've saved the bananas though. I'm getting hungry.

a0b4e19ff3612bd8b1f290408391dd35.id_Most_Expensive_Photo_01_Peter_Lik_Phantom (1).jpg

Last edited: