I am calling to update your listing on Google!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
Or the other line is,

We have a position open on the first page of Google in your local area and are calling to see if your business qualifies for it or not.

Gawwwwwwddd, so tired of these calls. I don't like being rude and hanging up on people but when I start to hear the sales pitch I interrupt them and tell the I already have an SEO company and I am already on the front page. Most of the time they still try to sell me.

How do you guys handle this?

Nov 5, 2013
extremecleancu.com
Real Name
Andrew Deem
Business Location
United States
They are very frustrating I'm sorry but I feel that if they are cold calling you they are doing that for a reason because they are hoping someone is stupid enough to fall for it

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
They usually call me when I'm on a job, so I get close to the truck mount and yell " could you please speak up, I can't hear you". I do this till they hang up :)

bassplyr

Sep 25, 2010
NC
www.envirocarenc.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
My "personal Google Rep" called me today. Of course he was a "recorded message"!!! LOL The sad part is that none of these people work for Google. I just can't imagine a supervisor at Google Headquarters walked around today and made sure someone called Steve at EnviroCare Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning to update his account! LMAO.....

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
I just block their number, they are getting tricky now, using local numbers. it never ends!

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
I've started trying to sell them my services. They get tired of it pretty quick. I find it fun and its better than letting it get to me.

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
yes very annoying.. I wonder often how many people these companies are actually converting into sales.. i figure it must be working to some extent otherwise they would stop doing it?

then I wonder.. what dumb business owners are responding to these things to keep these guys in business?

then my train of thought is halted by a phone call.. "we have a spot for you on the 1st page of google!" :mad:

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Or the other line is,

We have a position open on the first page of Google in your local area and are calling to see if your business qualifies for it or not.

Gawwwwwwddd, so tired of these calls. I don't like being rude and hanging up on people but when I start to hear the sales pitch I interrupt them and tell the I already have an SEO company and I am already on the front page. Most of the time they still try to sell me.

How do you guys handle this?
I hit nine. And get you're name has been added to our do not call list. I also listed my phone number on the do not call website. It has helped out a lot. Eventually they will figure out I am a business and don't qualify but until then :p.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just read some stuff from the national do not call web site and the Missouri do not call web site. One thing I didn't know was when the phone message says to push 2 to be removed from their calling list all you're doing for them is verifying you have a working number! I've been on the national list since about 2002 and Missouri's nearly as long. If either has helped I can't tell it. Seems like the government could do better. This stuff is completely out of hand. Here's some helpful info, at least a little helpful, from the Missouri do not call site. It does give some stuff I wasn't aware of that might prove useful.

Here are some tips to keep in mind when answering a call from an unknown telemarketer:

• If you receive telemarketing calls in the future, do not provide personal information such as a credit card number or social security number. Only do so with companies that you know and that you call directly yourself.
  • Often times, automated recordings have messages like "Press 1 for more information, or press 2 to be removed from our list." Do not push any number. All this does is confirm that your line is a working number.
  • When you are at a store and the person at the register asks for your phone number, say "No Thank you." Stores usually do not need this number to process your credit card and are instead asking for your phone number so they can call you or sell your number to telemarketers.
  • Similarly, do not provide your phone number when entering contests. They also sell your number to telemarketers.
After the date your number(s) are submitted to telemarketers, if you receive a call from a telemarketer which you believe violates Missouri's No-Call law, you may file a no call complaint.

Missouri Do not call registry. https://ago.mo.gov/app/NoCallRegistration

National Do not call registry. https://www.donotcall.gov/?utm_source=takeaction