I am calling to get my carpets shampooed....

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
I can't tell you how many times I get calls from customers who want to schedule an appointment to have their carpets shampooed!!!! I would say maybe 60-70% still use the word "shampoo"... I kindly explain to them I do not "shampoo" carpets but that I HWE them....Do you fellow allstars run across this too????

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
LOL, all the time man!!!!!!

Almost all of my customers call and refer each other to have their carpet "shampooed"! It doesn't bother me though since I just shampoo it!! JK, I let them call it whatever they want....

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I try not to correct my clients unless its absolutely necessary. If I say any thing its "sure, we do deep steam cleaning the industry best recommended method."
They dont know what system they want only the results they want. we can try to Inform them about TMs portys and bonnets and all but it does no good.... they dont care about anything but convenience, price & results.
spend your time asking about how their family is... youll get more repeats & referrals.

if they ask a tech question... "the anser is technical and hard to explain, but...... (insert comfort here... itll clean up good)
only if they insist do I bore them with knowlege.

They only want assurance that you know what your doin

Reactions: awratchford

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
Just set the appointment and don't educate them.

I always laugh when those EnCapSuLatIon shampooers just go out of their way to explain to a customer on what those little shampoo crystals will do and how they clean.

Just stupid..............

ANTHONY01

Nov 3, 2014
Real Name
anthony hutchinson
I can't tell you how many times I get calls from customers who want to schedule an appointment to have their carpets shampooed!!!! I would say maybe 60-70% still use the word "shampoo"... I kindly explain to them I do not "shampoo" carpets but that I HWE them....Do you fellow allstars run across this too????
All the time makes me smile.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
LOL, all the time man!!!!!!

Almost all of my customers call and refer each other to have their carpet "shampooed"! It doesn't bother me though since I just shampoo it!! JK, I let them call it whatever they want....
In Salinas , it's more like, "Champu" :D