Hydroforce Revolution

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I want to get one.

I don't want to mix anymore before jobs. I'd rather just have jugs with pure chemical that I can swap out. Detergent in one jug, peroxide in another, protector in a third.

No measuring ever again.

Just adjust the knob from 1:4 with Protector, or 1:32 for oxidizers and pre sprays.

I spend 20 minutes at least before every job filling and mixing jugs....over it. I am getting paid by the square foot, not for playing chemist in the driveway.

Is the hydroforce revolution a scam, or is it reliable?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
They are not a scam but they don’t hold up as well as standard HForces. Personally we run all 4-1 blocks in ours. Love it.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I've heard those adjustable in line sprayers do not hold up. I've been using my regular in line sprayer for the last 10 years. I made it 4 to 1 by pulling out the plug and also use a ball valve to by pass another weakness of the sprayer

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I’ve had 2 revolution adjustable sprayers
Great idea
But poor in practice
Both junk, unreliable AF
Get a Wan.ders billet stainless Hydroforce block and jet.
My inline sprayer has been bullet proof since...
You only need to go between 8:1 & 4:1
That’s a standard Hydroforce with or without the yellow tip-that’s all the adjustment you need.
If you’re a real pro you should have a backup sprayer anyway.
I keep 1x inline sprayer at 8:1
And 1x at 4:1 on my van, so I have adjustability and a spare

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I’ve had 2 revolution adjustable sprayers
Great idea
But poor in practice
Both junk, unreliable AF
Get a Wan.ders billet stainless Hydroforce block and jet.
My inline sprayer has been bullet proof since...
You only need to go between 8:1 & 4:1
That’s a standard Hydroforce with or without the yellow tip-that’s all the adjustment you need.
If you’re a real pro you should have a backup sprayer anyway.
I keep 1x inline sprayer at 8:1
And 1x at 4:1 on my van, so I have adjustability and a spare

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I want to get one.

I don't want to mix anymore before jobs. I'd rather just have jugs with pure chemical that I can swap out. Detergent in one jug, peroxide in another, protector in a third.

No measuring ever again.

Just adjust the knob from 1:4 with Protector, or 1:32 for oxidizers and pre sprays.

I spend 20 minutes at least before every job filling and mixing jugs....over it. I am getting paid by the square foot, not for playing chemist in the driveway.

I agree with the other guys. I bought the Revolution back near the time it first came out. Sounded like a great idea IF IT WORKED. For me it didn't. I noticed I was going through my sprays way too fast and trying to adjust it to make it work just was a losing game. I finally put a metering tip back in it and problem solved. I never bought another one.

To do what you're saying could be done with any standard Hydroforce or inline with a little thinking about how to do it. Using the 1:4 block you will get about 6.25 gallons of spray and yes the standard sprayers in my experience have been near DEAD ON perfect dilution. Part of that comes from the 5 quart container and the rest from your machine. For each QUART you put in that sprayer you will get 1.25 gallons out of it. The math is 1.25 X 5 quarts (container) = 6.25 gallons actual spray. Some protectors can be metered right out of the Hydroforce from a 1:4, but the majority of them cannot. Those can be hooked right up to it and sprayed down like you are wanting to do. Not my favorite way, but it's been done for years.

Most traffic lane cleaners will not hook up undiluted to a Hydroforce simply because the really concentrated ones are too thick to be metered w/o dilution. Even some powders, particularly some enzymes, have a limit as to how much you can put into the container before you get basically sludge that will not meter out right. Hence, that's why most manufacturers put their own directions on their labels. The Revolution is not reliable imho and I'd never buy another one. Some use them and like them, but I can tell you one thing for sure. They have NO IDEA what is being metered when they use it!!! It is likely way off of what they set it at. Stick with the standard inlines and you can accomplish what you want to do probably with some thought and testing. Using chems that cost anywhere from 30 to over 70 or 80 bucks a gallon is motivation for accuracy in my book. Well, unless you like to set fire to piles and piles of hundred dollar bills just to watch them go up in smoke.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
For the record Hydroforce (after much prodding from us) really upped the quality of the new Hydroforce sprayers this month.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I want to get one.

No measuring ever again.

How do you spend so long mixing?
I put 2/4/6/8 scoops of powder depending what I need into the jug, then put the gun nozzle into the jug and fill and mix the jug at the same time. Wave the gun around with the trigger down, filling and stirring and mixing up your Prespray in the hydroforce.
When it’s full it’s done...

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
For the record Hydroforce (after much prodding from us) really upped the quality of the new Hydroforce sprayers this month.
Curious how did they up the quality? Cause they've been shit for years ive literally bought one and had it stop drawing a week later and nothing we could do to make it draw again. Completely strip down clean and rebuild kit and still wouldnt draw.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Curious how did they up the quality? Cause they've been shit for years ive literally bought one and had it stop drawing a week later and nothing we could do to make it draw again. Completely strip down clean and rebuild kit and still wouldnt draw.
Do you use pump ups?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States