Hydro force

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Hi guys I just picked up this new Hydro force I was using For a while the Multi sprayer which was fairly easy to dilute product Now I am confusedI would like to use 1 to 4 on the Hydro force I know I have to remove the yellow tip that is besides the point I would like to know how to properly put the product in the Hydro force and do I fill it up with water afterwards How do I change this conversion to a 1 to 4 in order to put in the right amount for each job we don’t do lots of carpet in one day therefore I would like to mix on every job here is behind one of my products thank you
ca4448b2689879f513767f32a8701a17.jpg
49b0910cc14cf90bf106f4047ff529ca.jpg

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
You don't need to overthink it. With a 1:4 ( no tip) Hydroforce you will get right at a little over 6 gallons if you fill it to the full 5 quarts. If you want to use it that way you can either figure how many ounces you need for about 6 gallons of prespray or just cut the label's dilution for 1:8 shown in your picture about in 1/2 and it will be plenty close enough. A 1:8 Hydroforce gives a little over 11 gallons so it's not exact and it doesn't have to be exact unless you are seriously OCD. :D Another tip you might find helpful is when using it 1:4 and you only want to mix up a gallon or 2 of prespray you will get 1.25 gallons for each quart mixed in the container. I could go into more detail, but then I'd be OCDing it too. I find this helpful if I'm mixing something up for a special application where I don't want a whole container.

As far as mixing liquids are not a problem. If mixing a powder I normally fill about 1/2 way and shake it up well, then top it off. You can pre-mix in another container, but I never do. I won't use a powder that doesn't dissolve easily and completely. Btw, the ratio is most accurate at 400 psi, but a little above that or below won't make a significant difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It would be simple to use the 1:8 dilution ration instructions printed on the label. No need to make any additional calculations. Probably would get more even coverage as well.

If you really want 1:4, the key is to understand that what comes out of the sprayer is 4 parts water plus 1 part of whatever is in the jug. Total of 5 parts. As Wandwizard said, a full sprayer will produce just over 6 gallons of prespray.

The second key point is that whatever is in the jug gets mixed with 4 times as much water when it comes out.

For 6 gallons of ready-to-use prespray, put in as much of the concentrated prespray as you need. Fill the jug with water.

For the label in your photo, which needs 4 ounces per gallon, 6 gallons takes (6x4) 24 ounces of chemical and then fill the remainder of the 5 qt sprayer with water. 5 quarts is 160 ounces (5 x 32 ounces). So after putting in 24 ounces you concentrated prespray you would need be 1 gallon plus 8 ounces of water (or 136 ounces of water) to fill the jug.

If you only wanted 3 gallons or half as much prespray, then cut everything in half. 12 ounces of chemical and 68 ounces of water. If you only wanted 2 gallons, divide the amounts for the 6 gallons by 3.

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Thanks everyone I appreciate this will help don’t forget this is my fist time with the hydro force method.