Hydro force with Mytee Portable Extractor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hydro force with Mytee Portable Extractor

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri it was just delivered this evening, so if i just filled up half the jug could i use half the chemical dilution and be the same? I never have a job that requires 11 gallons and some of the chemicals are no good after they sit a day or so. i just finished 3 jobs today and used only 6 gallons. small apartments
Yes that works. Why don't you remove the yellow tip? It will be easier to mix the chemical.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Also to mention follow your chemical mixing guide, I use black Lebel and it tells me for 1:4(without the yellow tip) use 5-7 oz (2.5-3.5 scoops). This is different then pump up sprayer. For pump up sprayer it should be 3 oz(1.5 scoops) per gallon.

Reactions: renew carpet

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Also to mention follow your chemical mixing guide, I use black Lebel and it tells me for 1:4(without the yellow tip) use 5-7 oz (2.5-3.5 scoops). This is different then pump up sprayer. For pump up sprayer it should be 3 oz(1.5 scoops) per gallon.
alot of the chemicals I have from Matrix only shows 1 to 8 mixture dilution ration so I figure it would be easier to just mix half of everything. so I made a little chart i keep in my wallet of how much chemical at half a bottle for what I use. i have bought some TMF O2 booster and may try the black label but I do some really trashed section 8 apartments, so I use Matrix Max Flex. 12.5 ph it destroys all the nasty stains on contact.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
alot of the chemicals I have from Matrix only shows 1 to 8 mixture dilution ration so I figure it would be easier to just mix half of everything. so I made a little chart i keep in my wallet of how much chemical at half a bottle for what I use. i have bought some TMF O2 booster and may try the black label but I do some really trashed section 8 apartments, so I use Matrix Max Flex. 12.5 ph it destroys all the nasty stains on contact.
Great, yes use half of the amount of 1to8 if you decide to go with 1to4 or if you want to fill half of the container with 1to8.

Use what ever works for you.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Fedri it was just delivered this evening, so if i just filled up half the jug could i use half the chemical dilution and be the same? I never have a job that requires 11 gallons and some of the chemicals are no good after they sit a day or so. i just finished 3 jobs today and used only 6 gallons. small apartments
The metering chart on this pdf might help you. It states that if using 100psi with the Hydroforce you simply leave the yellow metering tip in and you will get the 1:4 dilution ratio. That gives you about 6 gallons of prespray per fill if you fill it the full 5 quarts. Most presprays can be kept and used on your next job. Very few presprays won't keep at least overnight. Presprays that contain enzymes or oxidizers work best mixed fresh. I've often used left over enzyme presprays or just topped them off w/o a problem.

Attachments

• AS08.pdf
    814.1 KB · Views: 122

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
The metering chart on this pdf might help you. It states that if using 100psi with the Hydroforce you simply leave the yellow metering tip in and you will get the 1:4 dilution ratio. That gives you about 6 gallons of prespray per fill if you fill it the full 5 quarts. Most presprays can be kept and used on your next job. Very few presprays won't keep at least overnight. Presprays that contain enzymes or oxidizers work best mixed fresh. I've often used left over enzyme presprays or just topped them off w/o a problem.
I thought if you leave the tip in as it comes that 1:8 ratio

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I thought if you leave the tip in as it comes that 1:8 ratio
That is only if you are using it at 400 psi. If you read the metering guide it shows to leave the yellow tip in at 100 psi. Almost all chems give directions for using it at 400 psi with or without the yellow tip. They used to actually sell a low psi sprayer, but as far as I know, nobody does that anymore. That chart on the pdf above should be correct.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
That is only if you are using it at 400 psi. If you read the metering guide it shows to leave the yellow tip in at 100 psi. Almost all chems give directions for using it at 400 psi with or without the yellow tip. They used to actually sell a low psi sprayer, but as far as I know, nobody does that anymore. That chart on the pdf above should be correct.
I have the hydroforce pro thats able to use at 100 psi. according to the instructions, leaving the yellow tip in as it comes, is at 1:8, and others on here have said if I leave the tip on its 1:8, and taking it off is 1:4.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have the hydroforce pro thats able to use at 100 psi. according to the instructions, leaving the yellow tip in as it comes, is at 1:8, and others on here have said if I leave the tip on its 1:8, and taking it off is 1:4.
They are tested for accuracy at 400 psi. Going lower DOES change the dilution ratio. You will not get the same dilution at 100 psi as you do at 400 psi. The chart above is from the manufacturer and as far as I'm aware is still accurate. Going lower than 400 psi increases the amount of chemical you will use.

If you're unsure I would give them a call, but I'm pretty certain what I've told you is right. The sprayer you have can be used from anywhere between as low as 100 psi all the way up to 1,000 psi. However, you will only get the 1:8 with yellow tip in or 1:4 w/o the tip if you're using 400 psi. The chart gives you the variation for lower psi. You most definitely will not get the same dilution at 100 psi as you do at 400 psi. That's just not how they work.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I recommend bucket testing it at low pressure with the complete setup to know exactly how much it pulls in.

Not to make it more confusing, but changing the jet in the spray gun alters the back pressure and the ratio. The smaller the size jet the less chemical it will inject, it's an easy way to "fix" it to not have to do crazy math mixing chems using the presprays bottle label when tired at low operating pressures. The stock 80° fan pattern, 06 flow will pull more chems at low pressure than an 8004. I use an adjustable cone jet on my portable hydroforce, it makes life pretty easy for me. Essentially it turns a standard hydroforce block into a revolution that doesn't sh!t the bed in 2 months. Adjusting the spray pattern, adjusts the injection rates. Finer mist barely pulls chems, stream pattern will pull a lot which is perfect for pet spots. What is the take away, a new $6 jet on your spray gun might be your best friend!

Reactions: renew carpet

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I recommend bucket testing it at low pressure with the complete setup to know exactly how much it pulls in.

Not to make it more confusing, but changing the jet in the spray gun alters the back pressure and the ratio. The smaller the size jet the less chemical it will inject, it's an easy way to "fix" it to not have to do crazy math mixing chems using the presprays bottle label when tired at low operating pressures. The stock 80° fan pattern, 06 flow will pull more chems at low pressure than an 8004. I use an adjustable cone jet on my portable hydroforce, it makes life pretty easy for me. Essentially it turns a standard hydroforce block into a revolution that doesn't sh!t the bed in 2 months. Adjusting the spray pattern, adjusts the injection rates. Finer mist barely pulls chems, stream pattern will pull a lot which is perfect for pet spots. What is the take away, a new $6 jet on your spray gun might be your best friend!
sounds good but is it correct that the tip it comes with is set at 1:8 or 1:4?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I stand corrected by looking at this chart even though I didn't notice anything crazy till now. I think the hydro force revolution will be better with its adjustable dilution ratio instead of changing tips

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
sounds good but is it correct that the tip it comes with is set at 1:8 or 1:4?

At 400 psi and no tip it's 4:1 @400 psi and the yellow tip it's 8:1

I would implore you to take into account that all of the above are more guidelines than rules. Amount of hose used, temperature of the water, etc... all have an affect. My portable hydroforce pulls more chems at 120° and much less at 190°. Bucket test it exactly how you are going to use it on the job (the heater, amount of solution line, etc...) and write down the results, only you truly have the information you want.

Reactions: J20770

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ok things does not make sense here. According to tmf for the black label every 1 gallon 1.5 scoops in the pump up sprayer. If I get 6 gallons with the direct injection sprayer in a bucket test, rules of thumb would be 6x1.5 scoops and that will give 9 scoops for 4-1 but tmf tells me to put 2.5-3.5 scoops in a 4-1 direct injection.

I always thought that increasing the psi will draw the chemical faster and decreasing the psi will draw the chemical slower and that is true as I notice this. When my business slows down I will do some bucket tests with various psi and figure things out my self.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You can hack the hell out of a hydroforce if you want. Changing dilution ratios with all kinds of tweaks. Making it pull chems through 10' of dip tube hose makes a big difference in reducing draw, add 50' of hose on the outlet side and an 08 jet in the spray gun will be similar to stock, running ⅜ hose with higher flow at lower pressure to the hydroforce and you will draw more. You can make it do what you want if you invest the time to understand it.

Reactions: vibra vacster

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
[QUOTE="I always thought that increasing the psi will draw the chemical faster and decreasing the psi will draw the chemical slower and that is true as I notice this. When my business slows down I will do some bucket tests with various psi and figure things out my self.
[/QUOTE]

You got that backward. When you increase psi above 400 you get more water from the machine and less chem from the jug. Decreasing psi draws more chem from the jug being mixed with less water from the machine. It probably has something to do with the speed the water is passing through the Dema. The valve can only draw just so much chem no matter if you're working at 100 psi or 1,000 psi. So your actual mix will either be increased the lower you go or decreased the higher you go on psi.

As for the difference in mixing up in a pump-up sprayer as opposed to in the Hydroforce I think that has been answered by Scott Warrington on here before. Honestly, I don't understand that one either. I can tell you that some powders especially can only be mixed a certain amount in that Hydroforce. That 5 quarts just can only handle so much at a time or you'll have sludge in there that won't mix well through the Dema. I've also found that the mixtures on most presprays work well according to directions.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My brother and I have a theory about mixing chems directly into the freshwater tank vs injection on the TM. I have zero evidence, but we use much less at a lower pH with the same results. Just 15 minutes is enough for the water to tie up what it is going to out of the rinse chem and the rest is free to work at the wand. 2-3 oz per 50 gallons at a pH of 8 works just as good as double or triple that amount injected.

A hydroforce uses less chemical at high heat for us with great results. The chems get a little dwell time in high concentration and get mixed with water that is not needing to react with the injected chemical since it has already been stabilized so to speak.

As for most others not needing to use more chems in the hydroforce vs a pump up, many are running an extraction formula already that works in concert with the prespray it picks up at the hydroforce, yielding a good 1-2 punch. Just my thoughts on this.