Hydro force with Mytee Portable Extractor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hydro force with Mytee Portable Extractor

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
I just purchase the hydro-force from TMF and im concerned that it wont work properly. I have a Mytee portable extractor that has 100 psi. I use it with a Rotovac HDX and it performs very well, but im concerned there's not enough psi for the hydroforce to work properly after reading alot of threads on here that it should be at 400 psi. Any info would be greatly appreciated

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
It will work fine, just use a bit more chemical than normal. Test with water and measure amount of water injected per gallon of water sprayed. This will allow you to know how to mix chems properly.
Jim, so if I fill up the 5 quart bottle with water and spray it all out should it be 11 gallons?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
you will just have to play with it to see and measure.
Get a 5 gallon bucket and spraywater into from your hydraforce till it is full.
Then measure how much solution left the hydraforce.
I have used my hydraforce with a water hose connect for tile and grout cause I dont want to undo my pressure hose and spray solution everywhere.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
does having the tip removed make the pressure of the spray stronger? Like i stated my extractor is at 100 psi

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
so if my pre spray say 4 ounces per gallon, and its 1 to 4 ratio, then in a full 5 quart bottle I would use 25 ounces? since 1 to 4 is 6.25 gallons. would that be correct?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Bucket test it to be 100% sure. With the dip tube in a measuring cup spray 5 qts total into a 5 gallon bucket. Then see how much was injected from the measuring cup. I have found low pressure pulls more chemical in. Do the test with exactly how much hose you use on the job for precise results.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
so can someone explain why i would want to run it with the tip off vs the tip on at 1 to 8?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I can't speak for anyone else, but we use up 100% of our prespray on every job. Every job gets a fresh batch specifically tailored for that carpets requirements. I have everything at arms reach for doing this extremely fast at the TM side doors or inside the job with the portable.

Reactions: J20770

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Jim, yes sir but why would I want to run it at 1 to 4 vs 1 to 8 ration with my carpet extractor at 100 psi? thats what I dont understand.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you screw in the yellow tip into the dip tube, it only changes how much chemical gets injected, regardless of the pressure your machine has. At 8:1 it injects half as much. Great for commercial jobs you just have to mix chems at double strength for the same result and get to go longer between fill ups.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
These measurements and ounces per gallon are great for following the exact specs on the chemicals.
But you are gonna have to get out and tweek this yourself....it just takes time.

I use a lot less chems than a lot of guys.
But I have kero heater and I run 14 flow on my bonzer....so I do a lot of flushing.

you gotta use a hydraforce for large copmmercial.......

If you are doing homes you could just get a RYOBI battery sprayer from home depot and the measurements will be exact.....
I use the RYOBI for apholstery...great tool.
WOW THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH A 2 GALLON..THATS GREAT ...gotta go get another

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
wow Jim, you just explained to me what I have been searching all over the net for! I mainly do residential for now, so its best for me to do 1 to 4 use less chemical and i wont have as much left over. I can dilute my pre spray to mix with 6.25. gallons. you were a great help. thanks

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I just purchase the hydro-force from TMF and im concerned that it wont work properly. I have a Mytee portable extractor that has 100 psi. I use it with a Rotovac HDX and it performs very well, but im concerned there's not enough psi for the hydroforce to work properly after reading alot of threads on here that it should be at 400 psi. Any info would be greatly appreciated
It will work fine, I don't know what you have read but I always had success with 100 psi - 500 psi, I couldn't tell the difference.

Reactions: renew carpet

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The reason I choose 1-4 ratio over 1-8 because 1-4 requires less chemicals so it dissolves easier in that small container.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
The reason I choose 1-4 ratio over 1-8 because 1-4 requires less chemicals so it dissolves easier in that small contain
Fedri it was just delivered this evening, so if i just filled up half the jug could i use half the chemical dilution and be the same? I never have a job that requires 11 gallons and some of the chemicals are no good after they sit a day or so. i just finished 3 jobs today and used only 6 gallons. small apartments

Reactions: Fedri