wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Someone posted a video sometime last year and I cant find it, I saw that chart of videos but they download to my laptop and I dont know which one I need.
Chances are the only one that will really help is the check valve repair video. They don't actually have one on repairing the valve itself although I think they should. You should be able to watch the video on your laptop once downloaded. Those are windows media files though so I don't know how they work with a mac. Pretty sure they should though. I don't know of any way to put them in a post. I though they might have them on Youtube, but can't find one.

What is the problem with your sprayer? The check valve is pretty simple if that's all it is. I would need to know the specific problem. Check valve repair is probably the most common and not really hard to do. No way to link this video.
http://www.hydroforce.com/Repair_Videos/HF_Sprayers_&_HF_Revolution_Sprayers/AS08R_HF_Check Valve_Repair.wmv

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
It's pretty self explanatory by just paying close attention when pulling it apart.
Minute debris often is the culprit so be on the lookout for the tiniest of calcium particles or fiberous matter
Mine started to spray only water sometimes and chemical at other so I bought the repair kit and tried to switch it out between jobs but when I opened it up the ball and spring fell out so I just put swapped out the new ball and spring but not the seals. Bad mistake trying to save time thinking I would fix it after the job as now the hydro force fills itself back up with water if the sprayer isnt triggered.

Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Mine started to spray only water sometimes and chemical at other so I bought the repair kit and tried to switch it out between jobs but when I opened it up the ball and spring fell out so I just put swapped out the new ball and spring but not the seals. Bad mistake trying to save time thinking I would fix it after the job as now the hydro force fills itself back up with water if the sprayer isnt triggered.
Oftentimes when they spray water, it's because the plastic/latex tube is cracked.
Check that first instead of disassembling the valve

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Chances are the only one that will really help is the check valve repair video. They don't actually have one on repairing the valve itself although I think they should. You should be able to watch the video on your laptop once downloaded. Those are windows media files though so I don't know how they work with a mac. Pretty sure they should though. I don't know of any way to put them in a post. I though they might have them on Youtube, but can't find one.

What is the problem with your sprayer? The check valve is pretty simple if that's all it is. I would need to know the specific problem. Check valve repair is probably the most common and not really hard to do. No way to link this video.
http://www.hydroforce.com/Repair_Videos/HF_Sprayers_&_HF_Revolution_Sprayers/AS08R_HF_Check Valve_Repair.wmv
That is the video I need, thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I moved this to the "ask our repairman" section of the forum and made it a sticky so it can be easily found when someone needs it.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I moved this to the "ask our repairman" section of the forum and made it a sticky so it can be easily found when someone needs it.
Can you believe they wanted almost $70 for the valve? I was gonna just buy one and switch it out because I am super busy and thought it would save time but $70 :eek:

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Did you get it fixed? To me it sounds like you may have put the spring in backwards. I've done that before and it won't work. Good idea since you have the parts to go ahead and change them all out, but make extra sure that spring is in there right. This is fixable. Shouldn't need a new valve.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Did you get it fixed? To me it sounds like you may have put the spring in backwards. I've done that before and it won't work. Good idea since you have the parts to go ahead and change them all out, but make extra sure that spring is in there right. This is fixable. Shouldn't need a new valve.
My first appointment is at 10:00 tomorrow so I am going to bring it in and do it step by step watching the video in the morning.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
My first appointment is at 10:00 tomorrow so I am going to bring it in and do it step by step watching the video in the morning.
I'm pretty sure you'll be ok as long as all the parts are put in correctly, especially that ball and spring.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I'm pretty sure you'll be ok as long as all the parts are put in correctly, especially that ball and spring.
I should of switched out all the parts earlier but I was in a hurry as my helper spent an hour vacuuming and there was no action in the house and I felt rushed. That damn spring gets a lot of guys I bet.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I should of switched out all the parts earlier but I was in a hurry as my helper spent an hour vacuuming and there was no action in the house and I felt rushed. That damn spring gets a lot of guys I bet.
Yeah, it's an easy mistake. The spring keeps the valve closed shut when there is no suction coming from the valve by solution going through it. The valve just produces enough suction to cause that little ball to collapse the spring and let the chemical out into the solution line. When the spring gets weak or if it's put in wrong it lets the container fill up.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Without seeing the video I would have put the spring in upside down figuring the large end is where the ball would sit.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Without seeing the video I would have put the spring in upside down figuring the large end is where the ball would sit.
Yeah trying to rush a repair always costs us time in the long run, one day I'll be able to have someone else make the errors and get mad at them. :oops:
I'm still not comfortable taking 15 minutes to fix something while my helper is taking care of business and he has been with me for 5 months, need to figure out if he is the problem or if it is me :confused: