Hydro force injection sprayer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hydro force injection sprayer

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
I love my hydroforce sparyer but had to fix it. It was frustrating getting on the job and it wouldn't work, Came with a bad part from TMF store. And Rob never returned my calls.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Trust me I agree.... hence why I said that in my post. But all over TMF, and FB people complain about brand new sprayers leaking.
I’ll buy one ASAP if Rob can check it out before shipping it. Are they warrantied?
@AussieCarpetBloke I like that the “crb” of sprayers you had me there! Lol
I've been buying them for years and normally get at least several years of good use from them. I'd say if a Hydroforce is leaking out of the spray jet after you stop triggering the high-pressure valve on it, then there's something not right with the spray gun part of it. The same thing goes for wands a lot of times the leaking after you stop triggering is a valve problem. Those spray guns are usually pretty bulletproof and last several years w/o a problem. They save enough time and effort on the job I don't see myself ever going back to pump ups or even electrics. If its' leaking from another area some Teflon tape will normally fix that.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I love my hydroforce sparyer but had to fix it. It was frustrating getting on the job and it wouldn't work, Came with a bad part from TMF store. And Rob never returned my calls.
Yea not trying to stir up a arguement. But there was a long thread filled with exactly what you were saying. People have selective memory.
I’m not trying to deter anyone from buying one. They aren’t all that costly, and I certainly need to invest in one. But man if anyone says anything negative about a popular product it’s like the Salem Witch Hunt. There was a entire angry thread of folks telling Rob to make it right. In fact I think he stopped selling them even after finding out so many were defective.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I've been buying them for years and normally get at least several years of good use from them. I'd say if a Hydroforce is leaking out of the spray jet after you stop triggering the high-pressure valve on it, then there's something not right with the spray gun part of it. The same thing goes for wands a lot of times the leaking after you stop triggering is a valve problem. Those spray guns are usually pretty bulletproof and last several years w/o a problem. They save enough time and effort on the job I don't see myself ever going back to pump ups or even electrics. If its' leaking from another area some Teflon tape will normally fix that.
Yea honestly after a little thought, how hard can it be to fix a sprayer, “if” it simply leaked? Think I may toss one in the cart soon. I hate pump sprayers. But always will have a few on board. I do a lot of dry compound cleaning.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yea honestly after a little thought, how hard can it be to fix a sprayer, “if” it simply leaked? Think I may toss one in the cart soon. I hate pump sprayers. But always will have a few on board. I do a lot of dry compound cleaning.
I used pump ups for years. I built the muscles in my arms pumping those things up! The cheaper ones are really prone to failure too. Typically you have to fill it each time with 2 or 3 gallons of prespray. A Hydrofroce even at 1:4 gives you about 6 gallons filled up and at 1:8 you get over 11 gallons. It's a lot easier to fill up a 5-quart container than a 2 or 3 gallon one.

I haven't experienced some of the problems I've heard about, but there really isn't a lot that can go wrong with an injection sprayer once you understand how they work and the few things that can cause an occasional problem. There are a few little tricks to using it and keeping it working right, but I wouldn't want to be w/o one. I'd rather jump off a cliff than go back to pump ups all the time.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I used pump ups for years. I built the muscles in my arms pumping those things up! The cheaper ones are really prone to failure too. Typically you have to fill it each time with 2 or 3 gallons of prespray. A Hydrofroce even at 1:4 gives you about 6 gallons filled up and at 1:8 you get over 11 gallons. It's a lot easier to fill up a 5-quart container than a 2 or 3 gallon one.

I haven't experienced some of the problems I've heard about, but there really isn't a lot that can go wrong with an injection sprayer once you understand how they work and the few things that can cause an occasional problem. There are a few little tricks to using it and keeping it working right, but I wouldn't want to be w/o one. I'd rather jump off a cliff than go back to pump ups all the time.
It’s terrible using a 3gal sprayer on a small job. Endless pumping if you don’t want to waste product. I may incorporate it soon. I mostly do HWE, but honestly find myself doing many alternate methods that a pump sprayer helps with. It’s the largest part of carpet cleaning I dread is the endless pumping of the sprayer.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
the leaky thread was only 6page long and explained everything....
A long thread is after 30 pages of you going CRB, 175, you’re all not professional
You start another REAL crb I’m now going to edumacate all you non professionals for who wants to learn the truth thread where you went on for another 35 pages

And after all that you buy a CRB before you bought a Hydroforce

And you’re still debating the merits of an inline sprayer

WOW

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Now as to injection sprayers that leak there are two simple solutions. One, just cut your ball valve off. Two, install a check valve behind the lance jet.
rob there are tons of different check valves, which one is it that will work and perhaps can you please direct us to a link to purchase it? thanks

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
the way i prevent from dripping is using my shut off valve as i walk on hardwood to the other rooms i will shut off the valve so the tip doesn't leak on other stuff then carpet. but having a check valve will be great. even though it leaks i still would never ever ever use a pump up sprayer lol

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Sleepybear

May 15, 2016
Real Name
Joe Whitta
This is derailing a little bit, but can someone explain their process when using a hydroforce in large commercial? Do you run two lines, T off a line? Or switch on and off with your tool? With large commercial I'm usually going with one or two helpers, so my goal is to never stop extracting after getting started.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
the leaky thread was only 6page long and explained everything....
A long thread is after 30 pages of you going CRB, 175, you’re all not professional
You start another REAL crb I’m now going to edumacate all you non professionals for who wants to learn the truth thread where you went on for another 35 pages

And after all that you buy a CRB before you bought a Hydroforce

And you’re still debating the merits of an inline sprayer

WOW
That’s awesome you took notice! Thank you, My posts have gone viral...
I’m sorry I don’t drink Jim’s Kool Aid, nor think Carpet Cleaning needs a masters degree.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This is derailing a little bit, but can someone explain their process when using a hydroforce in large commercial? Do you run two lines, T off a line? Or switch on and off with your tool? With large commercial I'm usually going with one or two helpers, so my goal is to never stop extracting after getting started.
You can run a tee and use a hydroforce simultaneously no problem. Check your dilution ratios in a practice run first since when both tools are keyed your pressure maybe lower and you can inject more prespray than you want.

Reactions: wandwizard

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hydroforce is the CRB of sprayers, hell of a lot more professional than a $5 Walmart sprayer lol....
The adjustable dial Revolution sprayer sucks!!! But the standard Hydroforce is fine!!!!
Quit raggin on my revolution man!!! So far no problems!!! Its a little more complex yes. Yes, you have to turn a dial....but it's not hard aussiebloke.....lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Quit raggin on my revolution man!!! So far no problems!!! Its a little more complex yes. Yes, you have to turn a dial....but it's not hard aussiebloke.....lol
You haven’t been on as much, keeping busy? Any idea if your going to full time it?

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a crb. I want a 15" no less. Liking the one at steam brite...1699.00.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
You haven’t been on as much, keeping busy? Any idea if your going to full time it?
AZ how are you man. I'm a engineer by trade so will probably always do that. It's hard to beat 100.00 a hour and bonuses. But you never know!
I finished my bamboo floor in my bedroom and hallway.
20190325_161502.jpg
20190325_164007.jpg