Hydramaster XDrive

Jul 28, 2016
Real Name
Jay
Hey guys, we are getting ready to purchase the new XDrive by hydramaster. I know only a handful of post beta machines have been sold, I was curious if one of those people were on this forum?

We were going to go with a slide in (Titan 575) for this new van since we couldn't go with out normal hudramaster cds due to firewall issue.. but we were worried about the vans internal heat having effect on delicate area rugs we may have in the van for a full day until we drop off at our shop so the Xdrive is what we decided to go with to keep our fleet somewhat similar when it came to what machine we were running.

has anyone heard of any cons on the xdrive yet? By the way, Johny Bravo, I'm the guy that ran into you at Super Duper that talked to you about this machine. See you at ICE!

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Quite the engineering it looks like . I guess you will need a Ford Transit as that seems to be the only vehicle the Xdrive will go into. No driveshaft running unit like the CDS. Runs off electricity but equivalent power or more than CDS.
Give us a 6 month or 500 review would like to hear more on what you think compared to your CDS's

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
saw one run at the experience in Vegas. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the transit has to run at 2200 rpm, or somewhere in that vicinity.. My cds only runs at 1400 to clean. That's a lot of additional rpms. I hope they can find a way to get the generator to produce enough watts without having to run that fast in the future.. Th upside, is the van should be as quiet as factory new. On the cds , the driveshaft requires you to cut the doghouse.. This makes more engine noise enter the cabin

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Hey guys, we are getting ready to purchase the new XDrive by hydramaster. I know only a handful of post beta machines have been sold, I was curious if one of those people were on this forum?

We were going to go with a slide in (Titan 575) for this new van since we couldn't go with out normal hudramaster cds due to firewall issue.. but we were worried about the vans internal heat having effect on delicate area rugs we may have in the van for a full day until we drop off at our shop so the Xdrive is what we decided to go with to keep our fleet somewhat similar when it came to what machine we were running.

has anyone heard of any cons on the xdrive yet? By the way, Johny Bravo, I'm the guy that ran into you at Super Duper that talked to you about this machine. See you at ICE!

I think the rugs will be fine as long as they are not actually in contact with the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Jul 28, 2016
Real Name
Jay
saw one run at the experience in Vegas. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the transit has to run at 2200 rpm, or somewhere in that vicinity.. My cds only runs at 1400 to clean. That's a lot of additional rpms. I hope they can find a way to get the generator to produce enough watts without having to run that fast in the future.. Th upside, is the van should be as quiet as factory new. On the cds , the driveshaft requires you to cut the doghouse.. This makes more engine noise enter the cabin

I was not aware of the rpm situation. I also don't like that they are putting these machines only in the medium roof vans as we would rather have the high roof. it also goes in the 250 model and we would rather have the 350 for better suspension. we went and looked at a 350 high roof today, unfortunately it didn't have the 53k package the xdrive needs so we couldn't get the xdrive installed into it.. we are once again considering a large slide in..

This is tough!

Jul 28, 2016
Real Name
Jay
Why be the first to jump on a machine? Let someone else buy it and work out the kinks for you.... Go with something tried and true.

the xdrive has been on the streets for over a year (4 machines) beta tested and kinks worked out in all different climates and altitudes is what i'm told. plus, there is a 3 year warranty. with that being said, this is why the xdrive is being considered.. and of course because we run a fleet of CDS machines and were hoping to stick with the same style of machine.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
IMG_0719.JPG
Nice, how is the heat inside of the van after a job? (on a normal hot day)
Sorry I just did a job. I have a trailer so no problem.

Jul 28, 2016
Real Name
Jay
Is there a price yet on the xdrive?

We got a price that was very reasonable. You will have to call hydramaster for that. they are putting them in ford transits ready to go. the 250 medium roof vans. we went and picked up our new 2017 transit 350 with the high roof. we will be checking out some slide ins while attending ICE next month.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
the xdrive has been on the streets for over a year (4 machines) beta tested and kinks worked out in all different climates and altitudes is what i'm told. plus, there is a 3 year warranty. with that being said, this is why the xdrive is being considered.. and of course because we run a fleet of CDS machines and were hoping to stick with the same style of machine.
Butler has a 10 year warranty.