Hydramaster X Drive, any new reviews?

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
@RickeyClean what parts do you need? You can substitute a lot of parts in if needed.
It's literally the box the exhausts, heat exchanger and muffler all connect. Box rusted a little and some rivets failed. My dealer said the HM rep said they stopped making that part, but could manufacture me one in a month if I'm lucky. Said they'd send my dealer the plans and they could make one but im sure that's $$$.

I just disconnected everything, took it out and ghetto rehabbed it
got it to stop flapping and I'll run it until winter.

I'm going to call hydramaster and see if they would send me the plans. If they do or don't I'll make one this winter. It's literally a box with some holes in it.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
You can have a local guy Fab one in SS from the original for way less than any other way I would bet.
Oh that was the plan. My interlink was just going to give the plans to the welder next door and charge me a nice fee. It's going to be a bent and welded box, rivets can't fail if there are no rivets.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Your nissan van is beautiful!

Rob, How big is it compared to a Ford econoline?
is the weight from the truckmount and equipment harsh on the drive train?

I am hunting to buy a new van....not sure if I should stick with Ford econoline or try a nissan although I do like the look of the Ford transits I have noticed that their capacity is small compared to the nissans and fords. I have also heard that the floor is a sensitive area for drilling. So many questions.

I am currently runnning a Ford E 150 with a 370SS saphire. But I want to swap the TM into a new Van, not sure if anyone out there has a similar set up to post some photos?
I have a customer that we installed a Everest 650 in back in January in the NISSAN and has had no issues so far. Can be a pain working on the unit around the center console but not to bad.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I believe I talked to hydramaster 1_2 years ago about the drive
Great concept
But still twerking some things

47 blower???

What I understand is they run a generated off the van engine for the electric motor
Seems a little complicated

Direct drive has same specs as slide in
My draw back is some of these do I are loud????

I'm with rob...wait. tell it is proven in the field

Reactions: JDARNOLD

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
After owning some TM's that did not have the bugs ironed out of them. I'd never get another TM that didn't have a proven track record. I learned the hard way.

Reactions: JDARNOLD

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States