Hydramaster X Drive, any new reviews?

Andrew Reuther

Jan 26, 2017
Real Name
Andrew Reuther
My company is in the market for a new fleet vehicle and truckmount. We plan on starting with two new rigs and will hopefully have another two in the next year or so. I love the space of the ford transit and I truly believe that these euro vans are the way of the future, and I love the concept of the X drive. I understand the unit runs the van at a higher RPM, so has anyone put some hours on this machine yet?

Any reviews are welcome!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I love the CDS. My only concern with any new model is to wait couple years in case their are some bugs that need working out.

Reactions: JDARNOLD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We had one running here as a demo for a while. It was definitely a beast - pulled a guy's pants clean off his butt when the vac hose snagged his leg - and it is louder than a traditional direct-drive. But man oh man, it was fierce. I haven't heard of anyone in our area running one, so I can't speak to its impact, if any, on the van engine. It's still awfully new.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
We had one running here as a demo for a while. It was definitely a beast - pulled a guy's pants clean off his butt when the vac hose snagged his leg - and it is louder than a traditional direct-drive. But man oh man, it was fierce. I haven't heard of anyone in our area running one, so I can't speak to its impact, if any, on the van engine. It's still awfully new.

Mama Fen, what size blower does this X Drive have? LOL Pulled the guys pants off.

Andrew Reuther

Jan 26, 2017
Real Name
Andrew Reuther
At this point it is not a debate as to whether or not we are going to go with a Direct drive. The issue is, we really do not want to continue using the small vans. So that leaves only the option of the X drive. The reason for the van shift is because we primarily clean in very wealthy neighborhoods and in my opinion the Ford transit or any of the other euro vans have a much classier look to them. Also, I forgot to mention that we plan on converting all of these to compressed natural gas.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I bet that generator and electric motor isn't cheap to replace if it goes down. Wonder what the hourly life span is on those??

What would be nice is to have a cord you could plug into a big 10000/12000 watt (whatever watt is needed) generator to power the machine if the van powered generator went down. They need to think outside the box :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
At this point it is not a debate as to whether or not we are going to go with a Direct drive. The issue is, we really do not want to continue using the small vans. So that leaves only the option of the X drive. The reason for the van shift is because we primarily clean in very wealthy neighborhoods and in my opinion the Ford transit or any of the other euro vans have a much classier look to them. Also, I forgot to mention that we plan on converting all of these to compressed natural gas.

Who you calling “un classy”?

IMG_4947.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: Sir CleanAlot

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
I'm a big fan of old rusty Chevy's that leak fluid every time you start up the 6.0. My next van will be direct drive and I was thinking of the sapphire 1200 se. Is the X drive supposed to be comparable or a step above? My only pause is that it's hydramaster, love my titan 875, hate how they already stopped making parts for it.

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I'm a big fan of old rusty Chevy's that leak fluid every time you start up the 6.0. My next van will be direct drive and I was thinking of the sapphire 1200 se. Is the X drive supposed to be comparable or a step above? My only pause is that it's hydramaster, love my titan 875, hate how they already stopped making parts for it.
X drive blows the 1200 Se away!
Its incredibly powerful!
That electric motor has tremendous torque.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I myself love the Econoline vans from Ford, But I cannot help but notice and be tempted by the Nissans and the Euro style vans

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Who you calling “un classy”?

View attachment 78861

Your nissan van is beautiful!

Rob, How big is it compared to a Ford econoline?
is the weight from the truckmount and equipment harsh on the drive train?

I am hunting to buy a new van....not sure if I should stick with Ford econoline or try a nissan although I do like the look of the Ford transits I have noticed that their capacity is small compared to the nissans and fords. I have also heard that the floor is a sensitive area for drilling. So many questions.

I am currently runnning a Ford E 150 with a 370SS saphire. But I want to swap the TM into a new Van, not sure if anyone out there has a similar set up to post some photos?

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
I myself love the Econoline vans from Ford, But I cannot help but notice and be tempted by the Nissans and the Euro style vans
I really like the nissans too, mostly because taking off that front dash cover just to access the engine is a pita. Hopefully Chevy gets smart and makes a new van like that. I'm resistant to change just because I know the 1999-2014 Chevy's pretty well now.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
O/O's run PTO's for 10+ years, fleet operations are selling them just before the final 60th payment is due.

Fleet owner mentality has consigned themselves to forever having a TM payment and will always will be paying on iron for reliability. O/O's like simple equipment that lasts. Nothing wrong with either approach and PTO units have less moving parts at the end of the day to fail on you in the heat exchanger market.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
X drive blows the 1200 Se away!
Its incredibly powerful!
That electric motor has tremendous torque.
even with the pulley upgrades you can do with the sapphire to really spin the blower? I'm only going off spec sheets and did not notice the x-drive but I'm looking her up now.

I've only ever used a White Magic pro 1900, Triton ls and a Hydramastwe 875 Titan. I really wish I could find parts for the 1900, it's a really easy system to use and perfect for high volume turnover work.

RickeyClean

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Real Name
Stephen Swabek
Business Location
United States
O/O's run PTO's for 10+ years, fleet operations are selling them just before the final 60th payment is due.

Fleet owner mentality has consigned themselves to forever having a TM payment and will always will be paying on iron for reliability. O/O's like simple equipment that lasts. Nothing wrong with either approach and PTO units have less moving parts at the end of the day to fail on you in the heat exchanger market.
I really don't understand all the hate for heat exchangers on this board. It's not hard to install a water softener and recharge it every 25-50 hours and descale it ever 50-100 hrs. When your hoses get frosty it's already been too long. I live in appalachia, we have lots of problems with scale build up around here.

Reactions: rob allen