Hydramaster Titan

Burton Restoration

Apr 12, 2009
tulsa ok
Real Name
chris burton
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know if this machine cleans at what temp it says it does. Also I am new to the restoration Ive been told this machine is great for that and also is good at cleaning carpet. Does anyone know anything about it? Or any other machine that might be better?

May 26, 2008
Bellevue, Wa (Greater Seattle Area)/Spokane, Washi
Real Name
Rich Eden
I don't own one, but I do own 4 Hydrmaster's (3 boxxers and 1 Spitfire). So far the reliability on the machines has been AWESOME. The Boxxer's have never really given me much of a problem and they all have 3500 hours or more.

If I were in the market for a "big machine" I wouldn't buy anything else. Hydramaster has been nothing but good to me.

Nov 7, 2009
Real Name
eric smith
Business Location
United States
The Titan is a great machine, but extremely overkill if you dont have the use for all its features and capabilities. Its cheaper to bring two trucks if you have them with less expensive units to get the job done than to spend over 30k for an oversized unit thats rarely ever needed in my opinion. If you doing large commercial and heavy flood work, buy it. If you just want the prestige of owning a large mount to do residential cleaning, well you might have some issues.!

slorichie

Oct 19, 2008
California
Real Name
Richie Gill
Had a demo of the 875 and 575 last week I currently run a powerclean genesis 59 and iam looking for a new machine. Both Hydramaster machines maintained 230 keyed with a flow of 6. I didnt see it get up to 250 ATM. The 575 looks to be a great machine but it will not be on the market till January. If you have ever ran a machine with a 59 blower you know it would be tough to go down. Iam still kicking around the idea of the Titan 875 or genesis.

letchworth

Jan 31, 2010
Greenville NC
Real Name
Lee
Business Location
United States
We are looking into buying 2 units and looking for some feed back on them . We are runing 3 aerotechs and need a van mount to get to some jobs but also need the Vac/heat of a aerotech

slorichie

Oct 19, 2008
California
Real Name
Richie Gill
I ran dual wands last night with the titan 875 one wand was ken's 14 in with a flow of 8 and the other the evolution 16 inch 6 jet with a flow of 6. 600 psi heat on high and on high speed it ran 245 steady at the machine. i have mine in a box truck things would be tight in a van. we have a genesis in a 2500 standard van, and not much room.

Richie
www.missionfloorcare.com

RobM

Aug 20, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Robert Michalec
Business Location
United States
I have just put a deposit on the HydraMaster 875 and I was worried on the other thread they were complaining about a heat problem. It nice to hear that everything is ok. I used to have a powerclean unit and the engine didn't have a high temp engine cutoff. It blew the head gasket and cracked the cylinder head, after a thermastat failure. Better news yet, they don't make the engine anymore. So parts need to be special ordered from japan, if they are made and on the shelf its 3-8 weeks to get them by slow boat. I am trying a new brand at this time, does anyone have more input about the HydraMaster 875. I know its a newer machine, just wanted to understand the performance and maintenance better.

letchworth

Jan 31, 2010
Greenville NC
Real Name
Lee
Business Location
United States
We have an 875 we got in June of this year we had some problems with the first unit. Hydromaster sent me a new unit we got it in Aug.9 and have put 75hrs no problems with this unit heat HOT vac no problem we run dual wond. We have 2 Aerotechs and it is close to the heat@vac that thay have Great machine looking another one

RobM

Aug 20, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Robert Michalec
Business Location
United States
Lee thank you very much for the feedback, I'm just very nervous about spending $30k on a machine in a very bad economy right now. I spoke to richie from califormia and he said he loves the machine. He also mentioned that before he had purchased it, he spoke to multiple people who had it before him and everyone was very happy. We do alot of restoration work and large commercial carpet cleaning, so we really need a larger machine. We will commonly use dual RX-20 if we can on commercial work and for flood work, you cannot have enough vacuum.

slorichie

Oct 19, 2008
California
Real Name
Richie Gill
Rob it was great talking to you yesterday, funny thing is we both ran a PC genesis and moved to a Titan 875 you will be happy i guarantee it. the Titan is definitely a step up.

Lee i talked to you awhile back, and iam glad you got your problems fixed.

RobM

Aug 20, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Robert Michalec
Business Location
United States
Richie it was great talking to you the other day as well, thank you. I agree that its a funny thing that we both are running Genesis units and now changing over to HydraMaster Titan 875. Everyone has been very helpful. I just worry about spending so much money on this right now. Thank you all for you input and help!

caleb

Oct 14, 2011
Tennessee
janify.com
Real Name
caleb matheny
Business Location
United States
I read this form a few years ago before i bought my 875. I am happy to come back and give a report after a few years. What a incredible machine! I don't think it gets any better, I really don't- only if you get a deal. I bought my set up for 38K it was a titan 875 (400 hrs) a 2009 e350 with 14K miles and electric hose real, 100 gallon fresh and wast, and wands etc... it truly was a great deal. The machine hasn't given me any problems that I didn't cause, lol. The benefit to buying a bigger engine like that is durablity and longevity. Bigger isn't always better; however, you aren't going to fool physics, smaller engines don't take as well to the wear and heat that builds up inside of the engine that is why the larger machines last longer.

Also, by saving cash you can get a much better deal on the higher dollar machines, because there is substantially less demand for it due to the cost, also many times you are dealing with people that can stand to lose 10K instead of sit on it for another 8-12 months. When i bought my machine, it was for sale for 58K and after the previous owner paid another 998$ monthly bill, he called me back to sell. so I gave him his pay off.

Anyways, as far as machines go- you just can't beat it. 2 very good friends of mine have everests and I believe in that machine as well.

letchworth

Jan 31, 2010
Greenville NC
Real Name
Lee
Business Location
United States
Here we go again 857 has 1075hrs back in shop overheat light coming on only put 15 hrs on 875 seance was in shop last what's next

Dan Johnson

Apr 10, 2012
Ca
www.johnson-and-son.com
Real Name
Dan Johnson
Business Location
United States
Hey Caleb. Was wondering what you found out on the heat issue or lack thereof.I'm having a similar issue with my 875. Water pump shutting off and the water box overheat light is on in the control panel with the led indicator lights. Checked the actual temp of the water box and it is cool after letting it run out from the drain hose. It also Keeps switching from the high heat to the bypass by itself. Love this machine!!! It is a beast and runs great just wondering what the issue is at the moment.

* Side note I could keep the the water pump on,
by manually cooling ( used a wet rag ) the solenoid/sensor on the Dema valve out of the water box. It was getting blazing hot even when everything around it wasn't as hot. Stood in the van with a rag on it while my guys finished the last 20 min of the job!!

letchworth

Jan 31, 2010
Greenville NC
Real Name
Lee
Business Location
United States
We replaced waterbox and several other thing don't really know what the problem ever was I had to sale it before I had to file bankruptcy due to this machine hydramaster wouldn't do anything to help we replaced blower, waterpump,waterbox,and had heatexchanger repair due to it was leaking sold it and bought a steamaction