Hydramaster 4.7 CDS Help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hydramaster 4.7 CDS Help

Diego-

Dec 22, 2020
Real Name
Diego Julio
Hello,
I recently bought an older Hydramster 4.7 CDS. Everything works great except it doesn't pump in water from the fresh water tank. and in these cold days I need to use the water on board. When I turn the machine on and turn the switch on for the fresh water pump the light doesn't even turn on (at Panel). I also can't hear the pump working. The pump is directly wired to the inside of the panel. How can I distinguish if this is a bad pump or an electrical issue?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Continuity and power check from hot on panel switch to hot on pump if you have both pumps bad. If your pumps one with a microswitch vs an internal bypass check the mucriswitch 1st

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Hello,
I recently bought an older Hydramster 4.7 CDS. Everything works great except it doesn't pump in water from the fresh water tank. and in these cold days I need to use the water on board. When I turn the machine on and turn the switch on for the fresh water pump the light doesn't even turn on (at Panel). I also can't hear the pump working. The pump is directly wired to the inside of the panel. How can I distinguish if this is a bad pump or an electrical issue?

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
When you say older, how old. When you look in the water box does it have a float like a toilet bowl, or does it have two switches one above the other. If you have the two switches the pump is wired to the switches through a relay. when both switches are down they turn on the pump and when both are up the pump cuts off. It could be the relay, the switches.

Reactions: SRD