hydraforce inline sprayer keeps leaking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Super excited!! No more stopping and pumping up! No more fighting to get the dam cap off. No more refilling after I burn through 3 Gallons!! This is going to be a huge time savings. And I'm betting the carpets come out even cleaner!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
We found the Revolution unreliable at TM heat and pressure and has too many parts to fail for everyday use. A standard hydroforce block can be rebuilt many times for $15 a copy, but the block will eventually enlarge internally (post nozzle) and need to be replaced because dilution ratios begin to increase. Rebuilding with the SS internal nozzle vs the stock brass one only makes sense and the price is negligible. These days I run with black or red tips in a 4:1 block, mix small amounts of less diluted chems to use exclusively on that job with no remainder.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
We found the Revolution unreliable at TM heat and pressure and has too many parts to fail for everyday use. A standard hydroforce block can be rebuilt many times for $15 a copy, but the block will eventually enlarge internally (post nozzle) and need to be replaced because dilution ratios begin to increase. Rebuilding with the SS internal nozzle vs the stock brass one only makes sense and the price is negligible. These days I run with black or red tips in a 4:1 block, mix small amounts of less diluted chems to use exclusively on that job with no remainder.
Hi Jim, well it's set to run at 400 psi from what the directions say. Not sure what pressures you where running yours at.
And I'm not sure what the heat will have to do with it wearing out faster. I figure the time savings should pay for itself rather quickly. But I know everyone is different.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The heat and chems will wear out the 6 o'clock position of the replaceable brass nozzle and eventually burn the chrome off the block after the nozzle and enlarge the hole, reducing back pressure and increasing chemical consumption. BTW, increasing/reducing jet size on a hydroforce has a proportional effect on the chemical draw. Smaller Jets reduce chemical injection and larger Jets increase chemical injection at the same operating pressure due to back pressure exerted at the Venturi point.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The heat and chems will wear out the 6 o'clock position of the replaceable brass nozzle and eventually burn the chrome off the block after the nozzle and enlarge the hole, reducing back pressure and increasing chemical consumption. BTW, increasing/reducing jet size on a hydroforce has a proportional effect on the chemical draw. Smaller Jets reduce chemical injection and larger Jets increase chemical injection at the same operating pressure due to back pressure exerted at the Venturi point.
Jim,
If I may ask, what heat and pressures where you running it at??? I just run a portable with adjustable pressure up to 500 psi. My heat runs my water up to 230 degrees. Maybe it's better suited for portables and truck mounts are higher settings are just too much.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
It's amazing what water will wear down over time! Even at low pressures....concrete, rocks, Metals....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Ok guys, did a test run with the hyrdoforce this morning!!
1. filled container with freshwater to 4 qt. Line. Set dial are 4-1.
2. Fired up pump and set to 400 psi.
3. Set up one gallon container.
4. Pulled trigger with nozzle in 1 gallon Container.
1 quart makes 1 gallon dead nuts on!!!
5. Changed setting to 8-1.
Dead on! One quart makes 2 gallons.
Hydro force has NOT leaked a single drop. Anywhere!
At 400 psi this thing lays it down beautifully!! Smooth and consistent!
I love it! Going to save me hours and hours!!!
So far, worth every penny!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Ok guys, did a test run with the hyrdoforce this morning!!
1. filled container with freshwater to 4 qt. Line. Set dial are 4-1.
2. Fired up pump and set to 400 psi.
3. Set up one gallon container.
4. Pulled trigger with nozzle in 1 gallon Container.
1 quart makes 1 gallon dead nuts on!!!
5. Changed setting to 8-1.
Dead on! One quart makes 2 gallons.
Hydro force has NOT leaked a single drop. Anywhere!
At 400 psi this thing lays it down beautifully!! Smooth and consistent!
I love it! Going to save me hours and hours!!!
So far, worth every penny!
Also, I cannot see the need for the spray to come out any faster. It's coming out fast. So much faster then my pump sprayer I cannot believe it! Very very nice. And I nice even spray....wow!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
If this spray comes out any faster you have to be jogging around with the sprayer!! And if you need to be jogging around or trying to run with it your bidding the dam job too cheap!

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
If this spray comes out any faster you have to be jogging around with the sprayer!! And if you need to be jogging around or trying to run with it your bidding the dam job too cheap!
If you ever need less of a spray you do not have to adjust your pump pressure.
With the ball valve on your solution line closed, hold your gun trigger open and slowly open your ball valve till you get the desired spray you want.
Sometimes you do not want to firehose everything.
And it doesn't seem to effect the chemical draw that much, if anything your end rtu mix will be a little stronger.

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
If you ever need less of a spray you do not have to adjust your pump pressure.
With the ball valve on your solution line closed, hold your gun trigger open and slowly open your ball valve till you get the desired spray you want.
Sometimes you do not want to firehose everything.
And it doesn't seem to effect the chemical draw that much, if anything your end rtu mix will be a little stronger.
Thank you Kevin. Im actually using my vac hose pressure line and it has no ball valve on it. However once in purchase a dedicated pressure hose I will put one on there for sure. Or I suppose I can add one onto the sprayer itself.