hydraforce inline sprayer keeps leaking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 28, 2008
eggharbor.New Jersey
Real Name
ronald smith
help Fellow I need help! this is the 3rd hydraforce spayer I purchase in lest than a year. they keep leaking and dropping water all over as I am laying pre-spray down. its getting on my nerves? did something change in the product

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
There is a check valve strainer you may be able to put in the spray jet assembly that could solve the issue reguardless of what caused it. Teejet makes a strainer for their filters that has a built in check valve for a few bucks. You may be able to get one of those and put it in there to solve the problem. As soon as you release the pressure it should instantly stop leaking. They look like the regular jet filters, but have a check valve built in. Should be numbers of places you can get them.
http://www.teejet.dk/english/home/p...ainers/teejet--strainer-and-check-valves.aspx

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
help Fellow I need help! this is the 3rd hydraforce spayer I purchase in lest than a year. they keep leaking and dropping water all over as I am laying pre-spray down. its getting on my nerves? did something change in the product
mine does the same thing. the QC on the hose from the container to the wand (that connects the two together) leaks like a MF. I replaced with new parts from a local coupler shop and it still does it. My pants and shoes get soaked.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
There is a check valve strainer you may be able to put in the spray jet assembly that could solve the issue reguardless of what caused it. Teejet makes a strainer for their filters that has a built in check valve for a few bucks. You may be able to get one of those and put it in there to solve the problem. As soon as you release the pressure it should instantly stop leaking. They look like the regular jet filters, but have a check valve built in. Should be numbers of places you can get them.
http://www.teejet.dk/english/home/p...ainers/teejet--strainer-and-check-valves.aspx
Perfect this is what I needed, my 2 of them leak from the jet, one of them is older and it leaks as I spray but the other one leaks when I stop spraying. The other day I placed the sprayer on top of the Matt and I noticed a small puddle.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
mine does the same thing. the QC on the hose from the container to the wand (that connects the two together) leaks like a MF. I replaced with new parts from a local coupler shop and it still does it. My pants and shoes get soaked.
There is a section of metal tube wrapped in black foam insulation in the handle area of the sprayer. I have seen a few of these crack from freezing or other reasons. If the leak is coming from under that foam, replace the metal tubing. The path the water takes can look like a QC leak.

Nov 28, 2008
eggharbor.New Jersey
Real Name
ronald smith
There is a section of metal tube wrapped in black foam insulation in the handle area of the sprayer. I have seen a few of these crack from freezing or other reasons. If the leak is coming from under that foam, replace the metal tubing. The path the water takes can look like a QC leak.
I thank you guys for quick response / I have replace all the mention parts/ screens/ tube handle/? this is my 3rd one new.and I thought my interlink guy was selling me defective sprayers/ I am gonna try jon dons sprayer/ plus I heard hydroforce was purchase by a china fishing company.

Nov 28, 2008
eggharbor.New Jersey
Real Name
ronald smith
No recent changes in the product.

The manual that comes with it should help trouble shoot any issues? Where is the leak? Same place on all 3? Give the details and someone should be able to help.
Scott it leaks from my solution line to sprayers/my solution line is fine it just soak at top the minute I spray down/and this one is brand new not even a day old

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Scott it leaks from my solution line to sprayers/my solution line is fine it just soak at top the minute I spray down/and this one is brand new not even a day old
If you have any teflon tape you might take it apart and apply a few wraps and reconnect. Unless it is really defective that should easily and permanently stop any leaks. Real simple and takes a few minutes. I don't care what anyone else says, I love teflon tape and have used it for many years. I get several rolls at a time. Just bought 4 recently. That sounds like it should be an easy fix. Put the tape on rather tight and work it into the threads with your finger. Then tighten it up. If it still leaks I'd be surprised. If this doesn't work you need to take a picture and post it showing the problem.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I thank you guys for quick response / I have replace all the mention parts/ screens/ tube handle/? this is my 3rd one new.and I thought my interlink guy was selling me defective sprayers/ I am gonna try jon dons sprayer/ plus I heard hydroforce was purchase by a china fishing company.
I was experiencing the same symtoms, later figured out source of trickling water. it was a swivel connection right before sprayer handle. Oh well, it works at last...

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I was experiencing the same symtoms, later figured out source of trickling water. it was a swivel connection right before sprayer handle. Oh well, it works at last...
I've never had one of those swivel connections not to leak on me. I don't buy them anymore. Right now I'm using a 1/4 inch pressure washer hose quick connects to my spray gun. Some use regular quick connects for that. At least it allows the hose to turn some while spraying.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I did away with the unnecessary hoses/parts and haven't looked back. The smaller one is my daily portable hydroforce (the ball valve on the solution line is the on/off valve), it fits inside a 5 gallon bucket. The larger one is for protectant or commercial jobs. When I use my brothers stock hydroforce now, I find it bulky and awkward since I'm use to having a free hand to whip solution line around while spraying.

20181103_130737.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Perfect this is what I needed, my 2 of them leak from the jet, one of them is older and it leaks as I spray but the other one leaks when I stop spraying. The other day I placed the sprayer on top of the Matt and I noticed a small puddle.
This looks pretty cool.

Oct 5, 2008
California
Real Name
John Conard
Business Location
United States
I have been disappointed as of late with the my HydraForce sprayers. Two issues pickup tubes falling off first week of use, yes easy fix, secondly I/4 inch tube copper nipple breaking at threads. I suspect cheap Chinese components.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I have been disappointed as of late with the my HydraForce sprayers. Two issues pickup tubes falling off first week of use, yes easy fix, secondly I/4 inch tube copper nipple breaking at threads. I suspect cheap Chinese components.
Broken components would be covered by warranty.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Well I just purchased one!! Supposed to be here tomorrow. If it leaks I'm sending it right back!!! This is total bullshit. It better not leak!!!
I going to this from a echo hand pump sprayer.the hand pump sprayer was 39.99 with a 3 year warrantee. Not a single leak!!
Over 200.00 is alot of money for a fancy sprayer.
Like I said, it better not leak!

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Their ease of use is the only reason they are still in use today. And some manufacturers make better ones than others. But at the end of the day they are made out of rebuildable parts so take it apart where it leaks and replace it with a new part from a hose and rubber store near you or even a pressure washer supply store and god forbid the internet as a last resort.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Their ease of use is the only reason they are still in use today. And some manufacturers make better ones than others. But at the end of the day they are made out of rebuildable parts so take it apart where it leaks and replace it with a new part from a hose and rubber store near you or even a pressure washer supply store and god forbid the internet as a last resort.
So you are saying if it leaks right out of the box go spend more money and fix it??