HWE with encap chemicals

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I do HWE with a rotovac ( very unlikely to change) but my curiosity has been piqued lately with talk of encap chemicals I could use to compliment HWE .... could anyone share how they might improve my cleaning quality

ratfool

Apr 22, 2016
Real Name
Marlene Slichter
I use them for interim cleaning areas. Aka traffic patterns starting to form at the winery. The encap is a good spotter in many cases. And is great for wick back situations. You know the carpet that looked great when you left, next morning not so good. Used lightly it takes off the wick back pretty much till the next HWE, and drys very quickly and leaves a shine on the carpet

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I use them for interim cleaning areas. Aka traffic patterns starting to form at the winery. The encap is a good spotter in many cases. And is great for wick back situations. You know the carpet that looked great when you left, next morning not so good. Used lightly it takes off the wick back pretty much till the next HWE, and drys very quickly and leaves a shine on the carpet
I don't get wick back ... getting the carp dry in 2-3 hours solves that 99.9% of the time ... but is there a brand you'd suggest as an additional spotter option

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I a lot of times combine HWE and encap together, don't have wick back problems 97% of the time, but lets face it, sometimes it just happens.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We just designed the first encapsulating rinse but also cleans. It's a beast

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
We just designed the first encapsulating rinse but also cleans. It's a beast
Rob I do almost all residential so i think that's probably the most likely purpose it would serve Is as a rinse... just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding the benefit to an encap Chem combined with hwe is the additional spots that may not have come out otherwise or is it something else

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Leaving an encapsulating polymer behind can serve much like a protector, but mostly effective against dry soils rather than repelling liquids. Other than resisting wicking, this dry soil protection that keeps the carpet cleaner longer is the major benefit for residential cleaners.

An encapsulating rinse helps with this, but rinses are very heavily diluted (most at either 1:320 or 1 :640). Then much of the rinse solution is extracted. This leaves very little protection. A better way to get that protection of an encapsulation product is to spray one on after cleaning. Encapugard works great when used in this way.

There are many aspects to wicking and preventing wicking. Getting the carpet dry quickly is only one part of the whole picture. But if wicking is not an issue for you. Great. If you ever do have problems with wicking, encap can be a big help there.

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
Leaving an encapsulating polymer behind can serve much like a protector, but mostly effective against dry soils rather than repelling liquids. Other than resisting wicking, this dry soil protection that keeps the carpet cleaner longer is the major benefit for residential cleaners.

An encapsulating rinse helps with this, but rinses are very heavily diluted (most at either 1:320 or 1 :640). Then much of the rinse solution is extracted. This leaves very little protection. A better way to get that protection of an encapsulation product is to spray one on after cleaning. Encapugard works great when used in this way.

There are many aspects to wicking and preventing wicking. Getting the carpet dry quickly is only one part of the whole picture. But if wicking is not an issue for you. Great. If you ever do have problems with wicking, encap can be a big help there.
I'm trying out the encapuguard this week lol

Reactions: Scott W

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
If you want to add an encap side to compliment your hwe, then use an encap as your pre spray.

Your using a rotovac so you'll be agitating the encap in and rinsing out, anything left behind will just encap and dry

Reactions: Swani21
May 28, 2013
Real Name
Aaron Pix
If you want to add an encap side to compliment your hwe, then use an encap as your pre spray.

Your using a rotovac so you'll be agitating the encap in and rinsing out, anything left behind will just encap and dry
Is excessive foaming an issue using encap as prespray to HWE. ??

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Is excessive foaming an issue using encap as prespray to HWE. ??
That would depend upon the specific product, but most encapsulation presprays I have tried are low foaming. I don't think foam is likely to be an issue.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States

Sounds like a great idea! Which encap sprays are low-foam enough to accomplish this? I encap often but the products I use are definitely not low foam.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I don't know as much as most of you, so educate me. Im not understanding why some would use an encap chemical as a pre sprays. I thought the idea was to rinse the pre sprays thoroughly from the carpet. I guess if you weren't able to rinse it very well then that chem would benefit if it was an encap, to prevent resoiling. Is that the idea? I've used encap and microfiber pads after hwe, and that helped.

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
I don't know as much as most of you, so educate me. Im not understanding why some would use an encap chemical as a pre sprays. I thought the idea was to rinse the pre sprays thoroughly from the carpet. I guess if you weren't able to rinse it very well then that chem would benefit if it was an encap, to prevent resoiling. Is that the idea? I've used encap and microfiber pads after hwe, and that helped.
I'm totally new to encap too .... my biggest concern is I don't want to be the reason for resoiling

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
your statement "I guess if you weren't able to rinse it very well then that chem would benefit if it was an encap, to prevent resoling" is the answer to your own question