Huge explosion vaporizes two Indianapolis homes. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Huge explosion vaporizes two Indianapolis homes.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Me and Ross were at a movie so we didn't hear or feel it. But my friends and family said they felt there homes shake and heard a thunder like explosion miles away from the actual area.

We could see a glowing sky and smoke last night from across the city.

Here's what the news said:

Two people were killed and about two dozen homes were damaged by an explosion in a south side Indianapolis neighborhood late Saturday night.

Indianapolis Fire, Indianapolis Police, the ATF, Homeland Security and other agencies are investigating. A gas leak is suspected but investigators have not yet been able to get close enough to the source to confirm the cause.

Read the whole story here:

http://www.wthr.com/story/20064503/homes-flattened-in-south-indianapolis-explosion

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I read that this morning, first thing I thought of was natural gas.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Oh, yeah. We were once evacuated from our house because the police discovered a meth lab on the next street over from us and there was a danger of explosion. The house was about 1000 feet from our house. They said if it had exploded it would have taken several other houses with it.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Meth labs are SERIOUS business.
I have to wonder how much of that is hype, they ALWAYS hype the quarp out of anything drug related, it's the age old story goes back to the 1940's when they dramatized the dangers of marijuana.
Some things never change.
I'm sure they are dangerous, but I question the degree of fear and terror they attach to them.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Saw it on the news here in philly last night. Unbelievable.

Must have been wild being one of the close by homes feeling that explosion.

Hughjocapivvy

Sep 9, 2012
Real Name
Barry Meyer
I have to wonder how much of that is hype, they ALWAYS hype the quarp out of anything drug related, it's the age old story goes back to the 1940's when they dramatized the dangers of marijuana.
Some things never change.
I'm sure they are dangerous, but I question the degree of fear and terror they attach to them.
I am sure there is a certain amount of "hype" added to meth labs but there is no doubt they are not only toxic, but also highly explosive to the point, that if the occupants smoke indoors, they are likely to blow the place up, which may have been what happened to the two houses where Torrey lives.
You can read more here if you want. http://science.howstuffworks.com/meth3.htm

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Saw it on the news here in philly last night. Unbelievable.

Must have been wild being one of the close by homes feeling that explosion.
It wasnt hype.
Two houses are in splinter size pieces all over the neighborhood.
A few others are bei g tore down.
And over a dozen others have to be remodled.
I cant even drive home like normal. They have a mile radius blocked off and homeland security there posted.
Very odd actually.

My parents were watching my kids about 4 miles away and they said my daughter jumped in the air and screamed from the explosion and they thought it was a downed airplane.

Everyone on facebook kept assuming airplane.

tom676

Jan 16, 2010
Real Name
Tom McManus
Business Location
United States
Methane gas I hear