Huck or Microfiber | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Huck or Microfiber

Discussion in 'Janitorial, Housekeeping & Maid Cleaning Forum' started by Common janitor, Nov 18, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Common janitor

Common janitor Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3,445 / 10 / -0
    Having problems with a couple mirrors in basement bathrooms showing lint after cleaning .
    Using regular microfiber now and wondering if you would use the huck towels or the smooth microfiber from Direct Mop Sales . Never had a problem till these older mirrors and have no problems with any other ones . Do you launder and dry separate from your other towels ??
    Never needed a separate towel just for glass so looking to see what others are using .
    Thanks !!
    All the Best, Ed

2. Ken Raddon

Ken Raddon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    UT
    Ratings:
    +1,451 / 8 / -0
    I come from so far back I used to use a chamois. Second to that I'd use a huck towel but the smooth glass towels for any of the suppliers makes a great choice. I guess I said all that to say this... you can't go wrong either way.

Yes, for best result with either your huck towels or mf towel wash them alone.

3. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,316 / 19 / -0
    huck man! and use some distilled water and pour directly on a hick or spray then use a huck.

4. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,209 / 1 / -0
    Paper towels, cheap ones. The kind that have been made of paper that has been recycled so many times it can't be used for anything else and you have to move fast before they completely disintegrate.

Seriously though, I've used the hucks for a long time. They work just fine and are cheap enough I can throw them away and not care. Recently I have used some of the direct mop sales smooth glass microfiber rags. They work great, better results than I've ever seen on glass with normal microfiber, but I worry about washing them with other rags as I don't want them covered in pieces of solid debris as microfiber tends to grab hold of those things and its a pain to clean out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,316 / 19 / -0
    thats why i dont like the micro and if you aren’t careful you can scratch stuff

6. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +8,167 / 43 / -0
    If you are washing the microfibers with other rags and hot water, that could be your problem. I use hucks for windows and micros for everything else.

cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +940 / 4 / -0
    Also, never use fabric softener when washing microfiber

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,531 / 11 / -1
    I like the premium microfiber with the small diamond patterns. These are meant for glass. No streaking nor lint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. amanda12

amanda12 New Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Female
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... Me too...

10. dex

dex Member

May 6, 2009
    BSC, Distributor
    Urbana
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So called lint-less huck towels are great for glass and mirrors, but after a hundred washing or so they start to fall apart and leave lint all over mirrors, sinks and glass , at that point we toss them. If you can afford them I buy new ones at about $6.00 a pound , after a few washings they are good for years, if you can get white ones or at least off white, since it is easy to leave color off your rag on walls and white painted surfaces, I agree that paper towels are great for this also but it you are cleaning a lot of mirrors and sinks you go through a whole roll of paper towels quick.

the generic used blue huck towel, surgical towel , is what most people buy of coarse, should be around $1.50 a pound for those in 50 lbs boxes, be careful some are worn out chunk, and will leave lent from day one, buy from some one you will take them back if you do not like them. Wipe Co. in Chicago has been consistently good product.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +1,209 / 1 / -0
    The problem I've seen using paper towels on mirrors is scraps of paper towel catching and tearing off in the mirror frame. A few places I do monthly cleaning for always has blue or green (depending on the color of the window cleaner they use) paper towel stuck in the mirror frame they want me to remove. Real pain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,316 / 19 / -0
    we buy hucks new.

you can also use distilled water in a spray bottle and learn to use a squeegee. distilled water should dry spot free if you miss a spot

• Like Like x 1