Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I officially moved the Eclipse out of the chain and put the new config live today in production. 2 Air Hog 7300-S & a Water Hog for the pump tied to a 40 gallon tank + 8000 watt gen.

Seemed like I gained some cfm over the old config but the max I went today was 125ft so I really wont know until I do a longer run.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Some of the cons I've noticed so far:

- As in my previous config the Lint Hog on the Air Hog collects water and has to be drained because of the location of the mesh filter and pipe hole

- The Air Hog 7300-S uses the new low amp motors which is plus and a minus - despite the specs Mytee list on their website the AH 7300-S does not get 225" of lift - I tested it at about 210"

- The Water Hog is an odd design which seems very inefficient. The power draw on the "Hog" is always about 14 amps - no matter how much restriction you have - meaning 250 psi will use the same power as 1000 psi. This sucks as it wastes power which with an HTM means gas and valuable available power when in carpet mode. I might switch to a Water Otter because of this.

- The Water Hog might be flaky - this is my 2nd one - the first one - from the first test - would spew water out of the pressure relief valve for no reason. We'll see how the 2nd one holds up

The Pro's are obvious - This is pretty much a Mytee Escape for $3100 - Chem feed 1000 psi General Pump - 4 3-stage vac motors with about 300 cfm - auto dump - auto fill. If I add an Air 23 to this chain then I have more power for the Escape and have still spent less.

Reactions: StevenB.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the updates. I'm curious what would happen if you used a parallel hog as a base and the series hog as the booster? Instead of 2 series models? It's what I was pondering for myself in the future. I will either go with the air22 /23 set up for my parallel hog or buy a series hog that operates from the porch and use my parallel hog as the base.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the updates. I'm curious what would happen if you used a parallel hog as a base and the series hog as the booster? Instead of 2 series models? It's what I was pondering for myself in the future. I will either go with the air22 /23 set up for my parallel hog or buy a series hog that operates from the porch and use my parallel hog as the base.
Not sure. You would have to split the vac ports into two out going with a Y. I thought about doing this with one of my other extactors ... Hooking another extractor to a Y so I could hook up to both 7300S exhaust ports (they just have one each)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Didn't video my experiment but here's what happened:

Hooked up one of my old extractors that normally sits in the garage to the exhaust port of one of the Air Hog 7300-S (the front hog in the chain of 2). My lift went from about 208" to .. 250 something - after it hit 250 the first hog in the chain started making a squealing sound and the lift didn't move up any more - it was the lid releasing pressure - it looks like you probably can't safely go much above 230" with the air hogs so, despite their being a cufflynx on the exhaust port Mytee didn't design the 7300-S to be boosted by an air-22/23 or any additional vac motor.

Anyway my next upgrade will be a heat exchanger from Steam Brite in the next couple weeks. Then I'll turn my attention to Phase III - moving the 8000 running watt gen to a 12,500 running watt propane gen & adding a 3rd Air Hog 7300-S in the chain - Then I should have my HTM up to the performance of a 45 blower.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure if everyone that uses Air Hogs understands one very important fact: You don't have to wheel it out of your van if you are running an ETM / HTM. I have two Air Hog 7300-S running in my van connected to a gen and a water hog - the two hogs are connected with 1' of 2" hose to each other - yeah, one foot separates them - I don't wheel one of the hogs 50' away from the van - I get the same performance boost. If you combine two 7300-S's you have about 300 cfm from the outlet port of the 2nd Hog in the chain (where you connect the vac hose). Your cfm's will go down as you run your hose say - 150-200ft for example. If you instead run 50' from one hog (or extractor), then connect another hog into the chain and add 100' from there you will still wind up with the same net effect on cfm - so why would you want to wheel it out of the van????? Do the math - move the hog farther down the chain and your cfm will have dropped from the original point reducing the combined cfm's - hook them together with just 1 or 2 ft of vac hose (2 hogs or 1 hog + extractor) then your starting combined cfm's are higher but go down as you run hose out from that point - no difference.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I would love to see pics of this set up. I am currently using a duel 3 stage galaxy with heat and power from an 8500w gen...I put an auto fill on it that saves lots of time, I would love to boost it and be able to leave it in the van all the time, I'm just not sure how to do it.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure if everyone that uses Air Hogs understands one very important fact: You don't have to wheel it out of your van if you are running an ETM / HTM. I have two Air Hog 7300-S running in my van connected to a gen and a water hog - the two hogs are connected with 1' of 2" hose to each other - yeah, one foot separates them - I don't wheel one of the hogs 50' away from the van - I get the same performance boost. If you combine two 7300-S's you have about 300 cfm from the outlet port of the 2nd Hog in the chain (where you connect the vac hose). Your cfm's will go down as you run your hose say - 150-200ft for example. If you instead run 50' from one hog (or extractor), then connect another hog into the chain and add 100' from there you will still wind up with the same net effect on cfm - so why would you want to wheel it out of the van????? Do the math - move the hog farther down the chain and your cfm will have dropped from the original point reducing the combined cfm's - hook them together with just 1 or 2 ft of vac hose (2 hogs or 1 hog + extractor) then your starting combined cfm's are higher but go down as you run hose out from that point - no difference.
I wish the airhogs had a better designation 7300 s for series 7300 p for parallel. I don't have 2 of them but I'm following what you and others are doing. I know that I won't ever go past 150 feet. Although if I want to run it from the van I will need 50 feet more hose and a booster of some sort. I've thought about purchasing a second hog or a booster like the 22/23's. ATM I'm leaning towards the 22/23 because of the compact size.
I've had the last 2 days off by design but my schedule is full now all the way through labor day. Yeah I'm working Sunday and Labor day.:D I'm anxious to see what I learn between now and then. I really like the porch mount setup for the time being but running from the vehicle has some nice advantages as well.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Might put off adding a heat exchanger considering the heat performance I had today... Did a 3 bdr apartment with my newly modified "heat box" - a briefcase from Steambrite with 2 2,000 watt heaters in it. With 4,000 watts of heat (plug in 50ft away from wand using customers power) my wand was smoking good - real good heat despite my water source being cold (water coming from a water tank in my van) - certainly acceptable heat. It was easy to find 2 20amp circuits - very easy - plus I have converters if I need them. I will be adding a hx down the road to give me another 40 degree boost at the start but I was pleasantly surprised.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Might put off adding a heat exchanger considering the heat performance I had today... Did a 3 bdr apartment with my newly modified "heat box" - a briefcase from Steambrite with 2 2,000 watt heaters in it. With 4,000 watts of heat (plug in 50ft away from wand using customers power) my wand was smoking good - real good heat despite my water source being cold (water coming from a water tank in my van) - certainly acceptable heat. It was easy to find 2 20amp circuits - very easy - plus I have converters if I need them. I will be adding a hx down the road to give me another 40 degree boost at the start but I was pleasantly surprised.
Oh - I was running at 350 psi with about 1.2 gpm considering the jet config.

Erik Guhl

Jun 10, 2009
Bronxville, FL
Real Name
Erik Guhl
Business Location
United States
I have a garden hose with a female threaded end that hooks up to my blue pressure line. I get around 250-300 psi from spicket . Saves a lot amperage if you don't want to turn pressure washer on . also on empty units I hook to washer hot water side , gas houses super hot water I also have 2 ht for sale