How's your traffic lately | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How's your traffic lately

CptnD

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Dommy Arlington
How is everyone doing lately? Is business picking up, slowing down?

We sold our client list earlier this year and moved to another state with triple the population and potential for growth (so we thought). Decided to restart things in new state right before C19 hit. We've been steadily working on our online presence, but I can't help but think something isn't quite right. Before we moved we were turning down 30+ jobs a month and couldn't catch a break. Right now we are at a slow-motion crawl. I see through Google that we're getting a few hundred views and searches with a few thousand in activity, yet we are receiving almost no calls or emails. Is this how it's been lately for everyone else?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I am assuming you were established before you made your move. You are starting all over again, the only difference is now you have experience in all the hats you have had to wear. No easy way to build up your client base. May take you about a year to get to a point where you feel more comfortable with your efforts.

Reactions: CptnD and Spazznout

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I agree with John.

Right now folks are being discerning with who they spend their money with. This happens the first few years of any depression. Folks want to see you are established, great community presence and reviews, solid branding to back up the fact you are established and transparent pricing that makes them feel they are getting a good value for their money spent.

I would focus on getting your google reviews up over 50 reviews and aim for a 4.9 or better. This alone will fill one to two trucks routs in most mid size markets.

Hire a local marketing firm....best decision I ever made. Not a "guy" that does internet ads, but an actual marketing firm that has teams of people that will work on your marketing. They will be able to help you develop and launch a new company marketing blast that fits into an overall strategy aimed at achieving your goals.

It is going to take time..........this corona is just going to slow you down a bit more....gonna have to keep your chin up and keep fighting for a year or two to get back to where you want to be....

No shortcuts unfortunately.

Reactions: CptnD

CptnD

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Dommy Arlington
Yes, we were established. We have a good amount of reviews on multiple platforms. All 5-stars minus one disgruntled employee. We had our regular clients that were serviced bi-weekly and monthly, friends and family referrals, and beach rentals during the summer. The business we were having to turn down at the time were coming from Google Search for a cleaning company, calling the top rated ones. I don't know a whole lot about the digital part of things when you move, so I was concerned that it might be a website, SEO, or network related issue??

How much does the local marketing usually run?

I appreciate the feedback. I know this is new water for everyone. I just wanted to see how others might be affected and if anyone had any suggestions related to online presence.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
most good marketing firms will start out at 1500-2000 per month plus your ad spend.

Worth every penny.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I upped my ad spend last month by a lot right in the middle of the shudowns. That decision has paid off hugely for us. All in we spend around 6500 per month and that fills 3 van routs with 3-5 jobs per day depending on size for 5-6 days a week for the month............Plus some......been loosing jobs last few days as we are booking out 2.5 weeks. Trying to get a 4th crew on the road ASAP.

We do air duct carpet and dryer vent in Columbus Ohio. Riots have been going on downtown all week 2 miles from my shop.

Reactions: CptnD

CptnD

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Dommy Arlington
I upped my ad spend last month by a lot right in the middle of the shudowns. That decision has paid off hugely for us. All in we spend around 6500 per month and that fills 3 van routs with 3-5 jobs per day depending on size for 5-6 days a week for the month............Plus some......been loosing jobs last few days as we are booking out 2.5 weeks. Trying to get a 4th crew on the road ASAP.

We do air duct carpet and dryer vent in Columbus Ohio. Riots have been going on downtown all week 2 miles from my shop.
That's awesome! We don't offer carpet cleaning but I have always thought about it. Which one of your services brings in the most revenue if you don't mind me asking?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
That's awesome! We don't offer carpet cleaning but I have always thought about it. Which one of your services brings in the most revenue if you don't mind me asking?
We do 85% Air Duct Cleaning. Our job averages for air duct cleaning are $185 higher than our Carpet cleaning jobs.