How would you value this?

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I'm looking at a 2007 Prochem Legend XL with roughly 1900 hrs on it. It's local and seems in decent shape. May leak a bit of oil.

It comes with 200ft of house, 2 wands (1 hard surface, 1 carpet), an upholstery tool and stair tool. Comes with an air mover as well.

Seller is offering it for $9000 Canadian dollars, what should I offer. I'm leery of paying too much, must budget some for repairs.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Prochems are sturdy, well-built machines for the most part. I'd be worried that, at that number of hours, the unit may be coming up on some large repairs soon, and you'd want to make sure you had a mechanic who could do those repairs for you if you're not savvy enough to do them yourself.

Hard to say without a more detailed view of the machine, but I don't think most guys around here would be willing to pay that much (almost $7k in the USD equivalent) for a unit with that much age on it.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I was thinking offering 7000 Canadian, (so around 5400 USD), and holding relatively firm as I need a cushion for repairs. The plan is to use this machine for as long as I can building up my customer base, and then when I'm super busy switch to a new one and finance it.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
13 years old with only 1900 hours? Its easy to replace an hour meter. Sounds fishy. Even if its legit, that means the machine has been sitting a lot which isnt good either.

Pictures would help. also if your in Canada you want to make sure it was stored in a heated garage.

But I agree with Mama (again) Prochem was a solid machine

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
your in the drivers seat. Do you see anyone else lined up to buy it? Afraid not. Its winter. Probably the slowest season for selling truckmounts especially in Canada. If its been for sale for awhile that will affect your offer too. If its a private party offer low 4000 US and see what they say. If its a dealer and comes with a warrantee then its a different ball game.

Its like an old car. Low miles is great, but its still an old car let alone from a manufacturer that is no longer in business.