FB How would you respond to this letter that we...

C

Chris Howell

How would you respond to this letter that we just received by email? Hi Chris, I just spoke with Debbie in your office. She gave me your contact info. You've done work at my home at Tysons Trace Ct, for my tenants, in the past. The tenants are with an Embassy, so they are diplomats. We have new tenants and they are really nice. They like your people and your company. We'd like to get the whole house cleaned and the carpets treated as necessary. The quote we got from your company was $750. The quote I got from a reputable carpet cleaning company to do similar work was $450. The competitor was ranked amongst the highest in checkbook magazine for quality and price. I'm emailing to ask if we can please discuss your price to see if you can please work with me on the price. The other company is scheduled to do the work this Thursday, but the new tenant asked if we can work with you on the price. They think the price is expensive too. I'm sure they and we will be loyal customers, especially if the price works for us. I can be reached at (703) ___-____ Thanks, M.

K

Kevin Bates

The email is saying the other company does EVERYTHING EXACTLY like you do. You can't compare service company prices like you would toothpaste or pop prices. Toothpaste or pop can be the SAME EXACT THING with someone selling it cheaper but not service companies. Apparently the other company doesn't know the value of their services.

V

Victor Ruiz

No loyalty, send a "John deer letter" the price is not even close to yours, tell her you don't need the practice, don't compete in price, stick to your price, is not a win, win relationship, I bet she hasn't reduced her rent by over 30%

B

Barry O'Connell

Chris Howell what the heck are you doing messing with CC when you ave a much higher paying skill. I I were you I would line up an "Associate" to take these plain vanilla jobs and only do the Color Correction jobs.

C

Chris Howell

This job is priced at $750 because it is a $2.5 million dollar home with a very high grade of carpet, and there are quite a few areas that have color loss from someone attempting to do stain removal. So the price reflects some color correction as well. I do not personally do these types of [cleaning] jobs. I send my technician to do the cleaning and repair the bleached areas. But I'm not going to reduce the price that I quoted. I've always said that the cheapest price and the best quality do not walk hand-in-hand. They never have and never will.

C

Chris Howell

Ok.... just responded to the email that was sent to me. Here was my reply: Hello M. Thank you for your message. The price that we had quoted was for delivering the absolute best quality cleaning and color correction services that are available. We are pleased that you have found a company that is willing to do the work for $450.00 You will find that after they are finished with their cleaning process that there will still be visible stains and areas of color loss (bleaching) that they were not able to address. At that time please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to repair what they were unable to do. Thank you again for your confidence in our services. Cordially, Chris Howell Colorful Carpets® Certified Dye Master (301) 776-2393 www.colorfulcarpets.com

Reactions: Ray Thomas
C

Chris Howell

Just received this reply from the customer after standing my ground on our pricing: Hello Chris, The price your company had quoted was was $750. If you can please do the job for $750, so we know that it will be done right, I can accept that. Thanks for your confidence in a new customer! M

S

Shawn Mullikin

As I said! It happens all of the time..I'm willing to believe that they had no other company scheduled and thought this up as a way to make you scared into lowering your price? I don't care who it is or what the cost is...if you don't want to pay our cost you can certainly go elsewhere! Way to stand your ground Chris Howell I knew it :)

C

Custom Ratrods

If you lower your quoted price to match competitors price, to me to just showed your customer that you was gonna make that much more $$$ off of them. Chris Howell I do feel you did the right thing. This is how other cleaning firms drive the price down. This cut throat pricing comes from small part time companies or over extended companies trying to make ends meet.

S

Selaina Neill

Awesome post. Contents of this post was amazing. This is how you put contents that attract your audience and involves everyone. Nice job!! Congrats on getting it and for doing a great job in the past which landed you this one.