How would you price this?

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
So with my equipment still on the way I've of course already began suggesting the service of power washing to clients. To line up some jobs for when I'm up and running. I've had my first customer who is very interested. So I've taken a few pictures to give her a quote, just wondering what kind of charge you would do for this kind of area as well.

Large black moldy stair set, small walk way, smaller stair set and a small carport. Attaching pictures. The car ports not bad so they might skip. So wondering what you would charge for steps/sidewalk and then usually what a small carport goes for to you. Thanks

20190710_115218.jpg
20190710_115232.jpg
20190710_115236.jpg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
$5 per step and $7 per square yard on the flat surface.

I don’t do a lot of pressure washing but that seems to be a decent price.

For garages I charge $50 per car stall so a 3 car garage is $150. I do the same for driveways assuming the length from the street to the garage is around 25 feet. Longer driveways I’ll price by the square yard.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
50 cents a step and any other washing floors 10 cents a sq foot

Reactions: beau

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Going rate for flat work here is 10c / sq ft, which is why I don't offer it.
My father in law had his house pressure washed. Metal roof, 2 story, separate garage / workshop also 2 story.
2 guys took 2 days to do it for $350...no thanks!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That is absurdly low priced.

That means these steps and walk ways would be in the 20-25$ range lol I wouldn't even drive to her house for that.
Quote what you think it’s worth. I know my price is on the high side compared to a lot of other pressure washers but if I’m going to do the work I’m going to get paid what I’m worth. The last thing you want to do is to compete with the bottom feeders. Quote your price and stand by it.

You may only book 25% of the quotes you give but that’s fine. Do high quality work and charge accordingly. As your business grows and you build a good reputation you will be booked solid with customers that will pay any price you ask.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Up here in Canada the gas is worth that much lol
I didn’t realize you were in Canada. Double the prices I suggested.

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
Everyone charges different, I charge what I think is fair, more for me than the customer. To do that job starting from set up time to finish will probably take me 4 hours to deliver the best cleaning and experience to the customer with cleaning the carport as well. So I will try to charge $395-$495 possibly $445 is my final price but I will deliver the best detail cleaning.

TerryBen

Jul 11, 2019
Real Name
Terry Ben
No better idea on this, sorry. But I would like to learn more about it. Thanks!