How would you price this job? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How would you price this job?

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
There was a 10,000sqft and 2 sets of stairs retail job that i came across. I was wondering how to price it. It said that they wanted it done every 1-2 weeks. I would assume it would need a initial deep cleaning and then vlm after that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
That's a hard one to answer. A lot has to do with how much is open area and what type of merchandise you're moving or working around.

I used to manage a company that cleaned for a medical facility. We had to clean commons areas as needed which turned into once every 10 days. We would cimex most of the time and extract every two months.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Reactions: russrroberts

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
That's a hard one to answer. A lot has to do with how much is open area and what type of merchandise you're moving or working around.

I used to manage a company that cleaned for a medical facility. We had to clean commons areas as needed which turned into once every 10 days. We would cimex most of the time and extract every two months.

I think it's just traffic area

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I think it's just traffic area

I would just make sure you are crystal clear on their expectations.

I can't really help with pricing because the one we did had carpet cleaning included with janitorial. The building was 180,000 sf and it was $1.12 per foot per month. Carpets and vct were included but we got burnt a little on the hallways because we weren't anticipating 3x a month carpet cleaning to maintain appearance.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
There was a 10,000sqft and 2 sets of stairs retail job that i came across. I was wondering how to price it. It said that they wanted it done every 1-2 weeks. I would assume it would need a initial deep cleaning and then vlm after that.

Normally I would be .20-.25 for cleaning but doing it that often there of course needs to be a volume discount of some sort.

I would price it by the time you will be spending and how much it is costing you. Doing it that often you should be able to move faster than you would if you only did it every 6 months.

How long do you think the job will take you? Are you doing the job yourself or are you paying a helper/ employee? What equipment will you be using? If you don't have a Cimex or OP machine this might be the time to consider buying one.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
How many people do you plan on having there doing the cleaning? Are you cleaning all 10,000 Sq ft per cleaning? What equipment will you be using?

There's a restaurant I clean every monday and I priced it at $0.11/sq ft due to volume and the expectation isn't to have perfect carpet, just cleaner carpet. the place is a huge grease trap that serves 5k people a week, and they don't wanna pay for red stain removal. Each week I'm only there for 1.5hrs and bill $204.50 per trip.

Once you see/understand the expectation everything gets easier, I got lucky with this restaurant, but it's also just for cash flow. They just wanted someone reliable that spends more than half an hour cleaning their restaurant. Easy shoes to fill.

Just as an example, If you had 2 guys there either using a CRB or a cimex, in 4 hours or less they can finish 10k Sq ft. Billing $100 per man hour would be $800 or 0.08/sq ft.

If you send in a bid and they give you a cold shoulder it's not a bad idea to ask what their projected budget is for the project as well this also helps pre qualify the customer.

Pricing it this way might not be your biggest profit but it is a cash cow and when you have guys that need work and we gotta have cash flow to grow, it will satisfy the need.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
How many people do you plan on having there doing the cleaning? Are you cleaning all 10,000 Sq ft per cleaning? What equipment will you be using?

There's a restaurant I clean every monday and I priced it at $0.11/sq ft due to volume and the expectation isn't to have perfect carpet, just cleaner carpet. the place is a huge grease trap that serves 5k people a week, and they don't wanna pay for red stain removal. Each week I'm only there for 1.5hrs and bill $204.50 per trip.

Once you see/understand the expectation everything gets easier, I got lucky with this restaurant, but it's also just for cash flow. They just wanted someone reliable that spends more than half an hour cleaning their restaurant. Easy shoes to fill.

Just as an example, If you had 2 guys there either using a CRB or a cimex, in 4 hours or less they can finish 10k Sq ft. Billing $100 per man hour would be $800 or 0.08/sq ft.

If you send in a bid and they give you a cold shoulder it's not a bad idea to ask what their projected budget is for the project as well this also helps pre qualify the customer.

Pricing it this way might not be your biggest profit but it is a cash cow and when you have guys that need work and we gotta have cash flow to grow, it will satisfy the need.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app
Yes its just be..ive done a 4000sqft @.25/sqft but it was a one time thing

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I would just make sure you are crystal clear on their expectations.

I can't really help with pricing because the one we did had carpet cleaning included with janitorial. The building was 180,000 sf and it was $1.12 per foot per month. Carpets and vct were included but we got burnt a little on the hallways because we weren't anticipating 3x a month carpet cleaning to maintain appearance.

Over $200k a month, damn that's a huge account.

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
Over $200k a month, damn that's a huge account.

It was bigger than that. This was just the main building. We had 12 employees working it at night for janitorial and 2-3 guys doing the speciality work and one day porter and one weekend porter. This company had over a dozen off campus clinics that we did as well but those carpets were just done quarterly.