How would you have handled this call? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How would you have handled this call?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
The problem we see around here with a "tiered" pricing system is the perception it sets in the customer's mind.

Picture the three scenarios:

Customer is cheap and gets "good": "Oh man, if I only paid his lowest price, he's gonna do as little as possible. I better hound him to make sure he does everything I can possibly get out of him to get my money's worth. After all, he's capable of "best" work, and since he's in my house I don't CARE what I paid, I want his best work or else."

Customer is cautious and gets "better": "Hmmm, he says this is his middle-of-the-road price... but I bet he'd do an ever better job if I'd bought the pricier package, so I'm probably not getting his best effort here. I'm gonna push him to do better, even if it means threatening a bad review."

Customer is invested and gets "best": "Wow, I paid top dollar for this, he better impress the heck outta me and perform miracles or else I'm gonna go crazy on him. I paid his highest price, so he BETTER give me his best service or else!"

Does it work in some areas? Sure. But around here, it's more troublesome than it might appear on its face.

Think of going to a restaurant and having the same three options - cheap, good, or best - on the menu. No matter which of the three you pick, imagine what would go through your head as you eat. Buyers' remorse can kick in at ANY level of service.
This by far, is the most sensible / relatable / non threatening way • I’ve ever heard someone call a client

• • • a dumb - dumb