How would you handle this and what would you charge?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Looks to me like it was on the back seat, driver hit the brakes, and it went kablooie. Migrated toward the front and made a mess everywhere.
i cleaned up a gal of white paint out of my parents carpet. dad had my daughter bring him a gal of paint, he knew better! lol shes our clumsy one.

took a while but got it out

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
*bleaches eyes*

There. I didn't see you say that.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I did something similar to this years ago.....
I would take it to a car upholstery place and see what they would charge to replace the 2 seats and carpet...and maybe side rails....
Do a little lite cleanign and charge that to the insurance......
I believe i charged around 1800$......
Cost me about half for the upholstery guy......

If you cant get the car upholstery dude....pass on the job.....

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I did something similar to this years ago.....
I would take it to a car upholstery place and see what they would charge to replace the 2 seats and carpet...and maybe side rails....
Do a little lite cleanign and charge that to the insurance......
I believe i charged around 1800$......
Cost me about half for the upholstery guy......

If you cant get the car upholstery dude....pass on the job.....
removing the paint from the vinyl / leather is the easy part. Carpet is the problem

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
removing the paint from the vinyl / leather is the easy part. Carpet is the problem
The carpet will be relatively cheap to replace vs. cleaning. You could clean on that for hours! I would suggest insurance claim. If they do not have insurance to cover it then I would tell them how much you charge per hour and tell them you have no idea how long it will take. Also, that particular seat is electrically operated. May have butt warmers too. They are a pain to remove from a vehicle. Also, you need to disconnect the battery to keep from accidentally popping the airbags. Actually, you need to run from that one and go make easier money elsewhere!

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The carpet will be relatively cheap to replace vs. cleaning. You could clean on that for hours! I would suggest insurance claim. If they do not have insurance to cover it then I would tell them how much you charge per hour and tell them you have no idea how long it will take. Also, that particular seat is electrically operated. May have butt warmers too. They are a pain to remove from a vehicle. Also, you need to disconnect the battery to keep from accidentally popping the airbags. Actually, you need to run from that one and go make easier money elsewhere!
people with no experience or fear to take on other challenges and make money should walk off course. not me! I've done my share of vehicle cleaning and detailing including ferraris for showrooms. jus because the seats are electric does not mean can't be removed. just because you need to disconnect the battery does not mean one is gonna die. and not because there is a lot of paint on that carpet means it can't be clean. The carpet is not cheap. around $300 plus install makes it worth it to clean

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States