How would you clean these chairs?

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
The wife has an ear ache, probably from listening to me talk about my new SS570, so I am at the Dr. office and notice how dirty the lounge chairs are. So it got me thinking what chems would I use to clean these? I would start with TMF Revive but what if some of these spots don’t come out? I’m using TMF chems so how would you kick it up a notch if needed?

Attachments

• 579124E1-63A2-4E4C-B7E2-C87B3340E6D2.jpeg
    579124E1-63A2-4E4C-B7E2-C87B3340E6D2.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 579C0CDA-50FD-459B-815F-7E65AE437865.jpeg
    579C0CDA-50FD-459B-815F-7E65AE437865.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 103

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Lol. They can’t see where I was sitting. The reception area is around the corner. Also there wasn’t anyone else up front.

I see, well, in any case, I'd probably just spray them down in bio-break and scrub the hell out of them and keep some citrus solv or avenge pro in a bottle, something strong like POG, and Stain 1, stain magic, or stain zone as a final for spots that wouldnt come out.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
The wife has an ear ache, probably from listening to me talk about my new SS570, so I am at the Dr. office and notice how dirty the lounge chairs are. So it got me thinking what chems would I use to clean these? I would start with TMF Revive but what if some of these spots don’t come out? I’m using TMF chems so how would you kick it up a notch if needed?
It's been said many times that tags from furniture is not a guidance for a professionals, but for owner of the furniture. Upholstered chairs in doctor's office are in most cases made from synthetic material designed to withstand lot of "hiney" traffic, so using any chemistry would do the charm. Even though Prochem is almost banned from this forum , I like the fact that Prochem has a variety presprays, one for synthetic fabric, on for natural fiber, not to mention Fine fabric shampoo or Haitian cotton prespray. Based on provided pics, it wouldn't hurt to use even Groutmaster , fabric is pretty soiled. I would have handy Protein and stain remover for food related stains removal. If I had to clean these chairs, I would start at $35 and up, not to offend low or high bidders.

Nov 14, 2019
Real Name
Dan Sullivan
All I am imagining is the front desk ladies seeing you, inspecting their chairs in their office and taking pictures, and them wondering "wtf is this guy doing?"
Yes! It's an obsession only some can understand! Thanks for the laugh!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Almost all the chairs like that I've seen are some type of synthetic fabric. My bet is they are either olefin or polyester fiber or a mixed synthetic fibers so you can get fairly aggressive with them and really not be too picky about what cleaner you use. I have my own way of doing things though and I'm a stickler for using upholstery cleaners to clean upholstery. I have used some products that do a very good job on synthetic upholstery and carpet, but not safe for naturals. I'd also guess that those are pretty resistant to permanent stains, but will be attracting any kind of oily or greasy stain like a magnet due to the type of fabric on them. A citrus solvent usually does the trick on that or anything that will break up oily substances. You may not need anything other than just a good upholstery presray, brush it in real quick and hit it with your machine. It should only be a few minutes per chair. If I'm doing upholstery in the home I'm a lot more picky and choose on the spot how to approach it so I use at least a couple different methods. It can be a risky proposition to use carpet presprays on upholstery, especially until you really learn what you're doing. Best just to avoid that practice IMHO.

Btw, if there are a number of spots like that or if the chairs are fairly dirty I might choose to use a citrus booster along with my upholstery prespray if I think it will help the job.

Last edited: