va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886164.478292.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886178.139478.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361886191.956023.jpg

If you look closely at the corners where the caulk should be there is efforvescence (I assume) that's growing there. There is also some on the porcelain 2x2's and the 4x4's are just years of nasty build up.

Also outside the shower is recycled glass 6x6's any ideas on how to clean that?

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Do you mean effervescence, or efflorescence? Now my head hurts. The first one (I'm NOT gonna spell those again) is kinda like what happens when you drop Alka-Seltzer in water, and the second is the mineral junk that comes up from grout/brick cleaning sometimes. I'm trying to decide if you think it's the first one, and you've got some kind of weird reaction going on from something, or what.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
I can't tell it's real weird. I'm assuming efflorescence, which is what can grow on brick or foundations when you have a water issue. I also know phosphoric acid can remove it and I've seen muriatic acid remove it. I'm trying to find out if anyone has a better plan of attack. I will be re caulking with silicone caulk, and hopefully making that place look good again.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It is either efflorescence or soap scum, use acid on either one to remove it. Actually I would use some shower cleaner first and then if it is still an issue move on to a stronger acid.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
What about the recycled glass floor? 6x6 any experience with the material?

burrhead20

Feb 25, 2013
Real Name
Kevin Rose
Theres a chemical called viper venom.. and viper renew its made for tile venom is to start renew is a super high ph and has to be diluted.. those will work for the floor

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Theres a chemical called viper venom.. and viper renew its made for tile venom is to start renew is a super high ph and has to be diluted.. those will work for the floor
Sorry - Venom is a degreaser, and high pH. Renew is a very strong acid, which is a super LOW pH...as such you ONLY use it to etch grout on ceramic or porcelain tiling. Do not, EVER, use it on natural stone. Spinergy makes an acid side cleaner that can be used with less harsh results, something to do with the type of acid used, but you still want to be very careful whenever using an acid side cleaner on natural stone.

burrhead20

Feb 25, 2013
Real Name
Kevin Rose
We use venom day in day out on stone tile glass tiles at customers request... never had a problem and have had good results each time... all based on mix ratio... and you are right in ph.. chemistry was never my stron point

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Venom is a degreaser, and is ok for use on most tiles. Renew is the one you have to be careful with.

Julie Brock

Mar 1, 2013
Real Name
Julie Brock
In some part of the world i seen vinegar is one of the main source of cleaning those specially those tiles one.But in Finland many people use to call a cleaning services at http://www.aton.fi/ for them to less work and less time to do.

Nia Duprey

Jul 3, 2013
Real Name
Nia Duprey
Seem those are quite hard to clean but then many are saying to me to use vinegar for my tiles and it is really effective.