Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Continuing each month this year to see how your last month was. Most said Jan & Feb a little slow. So how was your March?

(We started March slow but ended up with a record month. Stimmy checks maybe?)

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Have been on a continued growing trend since Jan. Even more than our fall months....our air duct schedule is going off lately, large ticket prices. Seems to me like we've had more large carpet tickets as well avg job ticket 400-600 with fewer 200-300. Just added another tech with hopes of adding 2nd TM in the near future. MARCH onward!

Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
A little slower than I expected. Not a bad month but could've been 25% better. April starting off slow too. I'm not exactly sure why.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
We were swamped in Jan and Feb because of our dynamic real estate, but things were slow in March, but it looks like we will have a great busy April. As the consumer confidence gets there, I will start serving my repeat customers again. Currently, I am serving only about 5% of repeat, and the rest are all real estate.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Housing inventory is crazy low right now too.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Housing inventory is crazy low right now too.
Yes, the inventory is low, but lots of sales for record prices. The house that I bought 12 years ago for 685K, now it is 1.6 million. The other day there was a bidding war for a house, and the house sold 600K above the offer price. People are crazy here during the pandemic, thinking that they will miss an opportunity. The financial experts warn the Canadian government to slow this monster down. The bubble is growing, and people are getting 800K mortgage loans.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Makes zero sense to me why waste all that money. It really is crazy to me. Wife and I are looking at a 1600 sq ft home an hour outside of the city. Plenty of land, not plenty of people! $126,000 lol. Updated. Inspection is tomorrow.

Reactions: SRD

Centurion

Oct 19, 2020
Real Name
John Roemmich
Continuing each month this year to see how your last month was. Most said Jan & Feb a little slow. So how was your March?

(We started March slow but ended up with a record month. Stimmy checks maybe?)
We actually did $20,000 with one van. Last year at this time we did $11,000. I am scheduled out about 1 1 /2 weeks at the moment.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
We actually did $20,000 with one van. Last year at this time we did $11,000. I am scheduled out about 1 1 /2 weeks at the moment.
That's awesome, what is your avg job ticket? What is your booking schedule like? I'm just asking to see how I can make more off of our 1 van.....I added my first real full time employee this month and already seeing the benefit for increasing our production time on jobs. So in essence we could probably knock out 1 extra job a day. Do any of you guys run shifts on your rigs? I've been thinking of this idea if we have open homes with no time commitment to schedule late in the day and say I clean from 830-330 or so and then have my tech come in and clean maybe 2 or 3 more homes in afternoon/evening. Basically how can we make the 1 truck set up work more for us until we get a 2nd truck....would work well for commercial accounts as well.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
That's awesome, what is your avg job ticket? What is your booking schedule like? I'm just asking to see how I can make more off of our 1 van.....I added my first real full time employee this month and already seeing the benefit for increasing our production time on jobs. So in essence we could probably knock out 1 extra job a day. Do any of you guys run shifts on your rigs? I've been thinking of this idea if we have open homes with no time commitment to schedule late in the day and say I clean from 830-330 or so and then have my tech come in and clean maybe 2 or 3 more homes in afternoon/evening. Basically how can we make the 1 truck set up work more for us until we get a 2nd truck....would work well for commercial accounts as well.

I'd advise getting a 2nd truck as soon as you can. With one truck, one problem = dead business.

$20,000 with 1 truck will be about the max you're going to achieve in a month. We averaged between $13-18k per month with 1 truck.

With 2 trucks we are averaging $22k-30k per month. Part of that is I'm only in the field 2 days a week with my wife doing her fellowship program and daycare costs around here are ridiculously high. So 2 full-time field techs, and myself as part time field tech.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I'd advise getting a 2nd truck as soon as you can. With one truck, one problem = dead business.

$20,000 with 1 truck will be about the max you're going to achieve in a month. We averaged between $13-18k per month with 1 truck.

With 2 trucks we are averaging $22k-30k per month. Part of that is I'm only in the field 2 days a week with my wife doing her fellowship program and daycare costs around here are ridiculously high. So 2 full-time field techs, and myself as part time field tech.
I agree a 2nd truck is in our near future it will just take a little time to get there.

Centurion

Oct 19, 2020
Real Name
John Roemmich
My average job ticket is about $200-$300. I am booked about 1 1/2 weeks but I am already taking appointments all the way into June already. Please understand that I can usually clean a 2 story house in 1 1/2 hours (carpet upstairs and downstairs) because we are a 3 man team. I have 2 full timers plus me. I have a rule: if the wand stops, so does their paycheck. We have been working together from 8 months to 5 years so it takes a little time to train my guys to clean the way I want them to clean.

We used to clean 5-7 houses a day but I scaled back a little and do 3-4 houses a day. I don't run shifts yet because you usually need 2 rigs when doing that. You also need to train the guys for customer service and cleaning carpet and tile. Why? They are your lifeline to that customer and the customer is used to talking to you and not your employees. If their attitude or communication isn't what the customer feels comfortable with, that will be your last job with that company. I was talking to a customer just yesterday (4/6/21) and he said, "I owned a company that had 18 stores and compared the communication that your guys had with me and I can tell you that you are training them right and they are communicating way better than anyone in my 18 stores ever had." That is the kind of people that you want to retain and train them in the arts.

You need to be cautious about cleaning late at night. Most neighborhoods around me have a time that doesn't allow noise (10 pm) so when thinking about late night cleanings make sure that the neighborhood allows that.

Around my demographic area I am known as the Carpet Whisperer by all of the realtors. I love doing business with realtors because of the referral system. One good cleaning will get 3-10 qualified orders.

Be smart with your choices and don't spread yourself too thin. Don't try to clean residential, commercial, industrial all at the same time unless you have enough vans, equipment and manpower to do the job.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I'm slammed. March was off the chain, April was 100% booked by middle of March. Now booking mid May...crazy.
I raised my prices and am batting at 8 out 10 estimates.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm slammed. March was off the chain, April was 100% booked by middle of March. Now booking mid May...crazy.
What part of US are you in ? Whats your average room pricing?

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I decided to raise our rates in the busy seasons, kind of like hotels ya know?!

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
My average job ticket is about $200-$300. I am booked about 1 1/2 weeks but I am already taking appointments all the way into June already. Please understand that I can usually clean a 2 story house in 1 1/2 hours (carpet upstairs and downstairs) because we are a 3 man team. I have 2 full timers plus me. I have a rule: if the wand stops, so does their paycheck. We have been working together from 8 months to 5 years so it takes a little time to train my guys to clean the way I want them to clean.

We used to clean 5-7 houses a day but I scaled back a little and do 3-4 houses a day. I don't run shifts yet because you usually need 2 rigs when doing that. You also need to train the guys for customer service and cleaning carpet and tile. Why? They are your lifeline to that customer and the customer is used to talking to you and not your employees. If their attitude or communication isn't what the customer feels comfortable with, that will be your last job with that company. I was talking to a customer just yesterday (4/6/21) and he said, "I owned a company that had 18 stores and compared the communication that your guys had with me and I can tell you that you are training them right and they are communicating way better than anyone in my 18 stores ever had." That is the kind of people that you want to retain and train them in the arts.

You need to be cautious about cleaning late at night. Most neighborhoods around me have a time that doesn't allow noise (10 pm) so when thinking about late night cleanings make sure that the neighborhood allows that.

Around my demographic area I am known as the Carpet Whisperer by all of the realtors. I love doing business with realtors because of the referral system. One good cleaning will get 3-10 qualified orders.

Be smart with your choices and don't spread yourself too thin. Don't try to clean residential, commercial, industrial all at the same time unless you have enough vans, equipment and manpower to do the job.
Good word about training the techs to communicate well, just as important as cleaning well. My most recent hire has been crushing it with our clients, he personally has gotten 250 in tips just in his first week with us...