Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
2020 has been quite a year to say the least. Let's see how everyone fared. I know in my area as you drive down the street it is amazing how many business's are gone due to the pandemic. But we stayed steady and even did better than last year. I could only imagine how well we would have done if there was not a pandemic. So how was your 2020?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Was going extremely well till April then slacked off till about August. Since then about the same as usual this time of year. About 2K less for the year.
Wife's Barber Shop is down around 26K for the year. The state shut her down for 3months slowly starting to pick up.
I know next year is going to be great for everyone.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Was going extremely well till April then slacked off till about August. Since then about the same as usual this time of year. About 2K less for the year.
Wife's Barber Shop is down around 26K for the year. The state shut her down for 3months slowly starting to pick up.
I know next year is going to be great for everyone.

Not bad. What state are you in John?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Looks like I'll be down about $6000 over last year. Not bad considering March and April I was only doing 2 or 3 jobs a week. Ended up having some record months.

Yeah April was my worst month of the entire year ! Should've been the second or third best.

Reactions: Jimbo Williams

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
One of the very best years in 30. Sales are up a staggering 200%. Hired more people this year than any other. Even trying to get rid of contracts to slow down. The problem is trying to get anyone to work. Had an offer to purchase the company earlier in the year and pulled the plug on the deal. It didn’t feel right. Happy I did, made more in profit this year than the sale would have netted me after taxes.

Reactions: rob allen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I still did quite a bit better than 2019, but definitely less during Holiday season. Almost no work that was specifically because of Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays this year. I don't know if it was a record year, but it actually might be. If not number one it's a close second. It surprised me actually.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Still Retired. Haven't been forced into a Walmart Greeter position.
That's probably a good thing. I haven't noticed a "greeter" or better yet "receipt checker" in our local superstore in months. They did make it a little harder to get in and out, but they've even slacked up on that now. So, they might have put you to stocking and I guarantee you would NOT have liked that!!! Btw, Walmart DELIBERATELY allows shoplifters to leave the store on a regular basis. Even with things like TV's. They are not allowed to be arrested or detained by any employee. My brother-in-law worked there for a good while after his wife, my sister died. He told me some of their insane policies. Some are so nutty you wouldn't believe it. It's no wonder they lose an insane amount to shoplifting every single year. I bet thieves just LOVE Walmart!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
That's probably a good thing. I haven't noticed a "greeter" or better yet "receipt checker" in our local superstore in months. They did make it a little harder to get in and out, but they've even slacked up on that now. So, they might have put you to stocking and I guarantee you would NOT have liked that!!! Btw, Walmart DELIBERATELY allows shoplifters to leave the store on a regular basis. Even with things like TV's. They are not allowed to be arrested or detained by any employee. My brother-in-law worked there for a good while after his wife, my sister died. He told me some of their insane policies. Some are so nutty you wouldn't believe it. It's no wonder they lose an insane amount to shoplifting every single year. I bet thieves just LOVE Walmart!

Because the cost of the product is far cheaper than the cost of litigation/lawsuit.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
My wife has worked retail for over 30 years.
About 32 years ago she chased a shoplifting punk across the parking lot and pinned him against a concrete wall..."with her car" until police arrived.

Yeah, that stuff is frowned upon today.
Corporate says just let them go.

Reactions: rob allen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Because the cost of the product is far cheaper than the cost of litigation/lawsuit.
The real reason is because our laws and system have become so corrupt that even enforcing something like this could even possibly wind you up getting sued. When I was growing up if you got caught they would detain you and it possibly could wind you up in jail depending on the crime. When I was a teen, and I'm telling on myself here, I was caught red handed stealing some batteries, probably D or C cells I think, at the local K-mart. Yeah I know I'm a criminal. They actually detained me and CALLED the COPS!!! I wasn't arrested, but I tell you what, I NEVER stole another thing in my life after that! I also stole a Hershey candy bar when I was 5 y/o and I think a bottle of men's cologne in my teens. So there, it's all out now. Boy I'm so relieved. I've been wanting to confess that for years. Btw, my own cousin caught me with the candy bar and made me take it back.

• Haha
Reactions: Fedri