How to write a Blog in 45 minutes or less.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
It's simple. Just tell a story. Tell your story.

Every day chit happens to us that we can talk about. When the feeling it's ya, you gotta put it down on paper butt-quick... or you'll lose the mojo.

Try it a couple of times and you'll be amazed at how easy writing becomes.

Below you'll find an unedited blog post I knocked out tonight in just under 40 minutes.

You'll notice subtle ways in the story how I positioned Myself as the "Expert" and how the story eventually leads to a soft sell (ironically, not from me)

Also I've decided to write for "scanners" and to really make brevity (being as brief as possible) a writing style to begin testing

Just writing off the top of My dome in the same manner I would tell someone the story allowed me to hash out a blog post in less than 40 minutes... pictures and all.

In My most humble opinion, writing off your dome gives your content personality, it gives it authenticity, gives it a soul...because it's you talking!

Below is a link to the email I just knocked out tonight based on an experience of mine yesterday.

note
1. the email has been "tweeked" to keep out some information (you'll notice all the xxxxx in it) that will be in the original version
2. this TMF version was lightly proof read to say the least, i wasn't shooting for perfection. Just wanted to get it on a thread so I could reference to it. It's late, I've got a cold & I feel like chit.

It ain't perfect, but good enough is good enough, & this summabeoich is getting blasted out to My database email list in the morning - rain or shine

Here you go

http://conta.cc/1zEafhY

p.s.
yes I will hella-proof read the final version and get all typos out...at least most of them anyway

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I use the word "blog" because it's an old school concept everyone can relate to.

What is required these days is the same olé pig, but with different lipstick.

To rephrase it in a different way then I'd say "interactive content". But most wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Or "Direct-Response Content"

...and of course you'd want your links and whatnot in there also

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Just teasing bro, please carry on.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Six, are you just trying to get us to click on your blog? o_O
Ha haa... The newsletter doesn't go out until sunday.

8 did a mock up version just for tmf that is housed on my CRM companies server that no client will ever see. He'll I'm sure I purposely deactivated every link in it.o_O

It was an impossible b*itxh trying to cut and paste it in. So I said phuc it.

Oh, and please believe I need not hoar for Google juice on TMF

I'm far to self respecting

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
I thought they got away from blogs and focused on Strictly links
Links are a must. Yes. At last count I believe @shane deubell had 12,000 of em:p

But where are the links housed? ??... within the content.

Pasting a link takes 2 clicks. It's the "writing" of content that challenges most.

I know it sure as heck use to whip My a*s

Last edited:

cwill

Nov 26, 2014
NC
Real Name
Chris Williams
Business Location
United States
Absolutely.

More so today than ever before.

Google rewards original content.

If your content can generate comments and shares, it'll undoubtedly move your ranking up
Easier to get shares and comments on facebook. Would that have similar effect on rankings or content to be on website?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Easier to get shares and comments on facebook. Would that have similar effect on rankings or content to be on website?
I think what you want to do is have them go to your website to view the blog, not read it on fb.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
So you post on your social media sites that you just posted a blog on your site, go check it out.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Word on the steet thse days is yes. There are a few on this forum that could provide more insite into that I'm sure.

But... here's where My gut is leading me about that - Facebook and Google duke it out BIG TIME for ad dollars. My instinct tells me that it wouldn't be in Googles best interest to give too much prominence to Facebook activity unless lets say someone was searching specifically for facebook content.

Hell I wouldn't if I were google. That's like aiding the enemy.

Now with that being said, all these rivals (Google/Youtube, Apple, Facebook/Twitter) don't have a choice but to do business together... to a certain degree... otherwise consumers would revolt

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I always start off with the question "why am i doing this?"

If the goal is just add info to the website then no more then 5-10 minutes.
On the other hand if i am going to use this as a landing page later on then yes definitely will put some work into it like 30 minutes with supporting pictures.