Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is the 1st live video my wife and I did few months back. Each week we have made a new one because the first was received so well on Facebook. So I am going to start uploading them to YouTube and here. Here’s the first one “How to walk off a job politely”. I thought it be good to get a woman’s perspective. Give it a like or comment on YouTube if you like it.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You cant argue with crazy. I found myself in this situation early on in my career. I realized quickly I wasn't going to win.

I simply looked at the client after listening to their rant about how all carpet cleaners are crap blah blah blah and said Happy Birthday!

It caught them off guard and they immediately shut up and looked thoroughly confused.

"Today is your birthday and this cleaning is free"

I packed up my equipment and left. Never heard from them again!

I agree I love picky and over the shoulder customers.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You cant argue with crazy. I found myself in this situation early on in my career. I realized quickly I wasn't going to win.

I simply looked at the client after listening to their rant about how all carpet cleaners are crap blah blah blah and said Happy Birthday!

It caught them off guard and they immediately shut up and looked thoroughly confused.

"Today is your birthday and this cleaning is free"

I packed up my equipment and left. Never heard from them again!

I agree I love picky and over the shoulder customers.

My feeling is you lost a little but they lost a lot. They will never get our high quality integrity service ever again.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Also imagine them trying to tell people that someone cleaned their carpets, told them it was their birthday and that it was free.

Everyone will think they are crazy.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Here is the 1st live video my wife and I did few months back. Each week we have made a new one because the first was received so well on Facebook. So I am going to start uploading them to YouTube and here. Here’s the first one “How to walk off a job politely”. I thought it be good to get a woman’s perspective. Give it a like or comment on YouTube if you like it.

Just checked the vid. out.

I had a similar thing w a client • but no indication of crazy at first. Then, when I got done w t upstairs & she saw it, she began asking me 4 - 5 times : “did you do the upstairs”?

it was just so weird • the client was ???

It was a builder’s grade; almost black ( beige - original color ), rat-nasty. Buckled & delaminated everywhere & I was sure it would rip to shreds.

I said I’d have to finish up tomorrow • cashed out and never came back.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
i remember walking off a job once but that was a long time ago. Nowadays you have to take into consideration about a review on Google or Angies List...

nathan hess

Dec 20, 2020
Real Name
Nathan Hess
It is different when your working for someone else. I remember cleaning a house for a lady that wore combat boots. Right in front of her TV chair there was a worn spot in the shag. So worn you could slide a match under the straight edge. I showed her the spot and she signed off. 10 minutes later my pager goes off that we need to head back to that address that we missed a spot. Maybe she thought another crew would be coming by.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I am all for investing in advertising • best investment.
I’m as invisible as it gets. No social-ist media or any other advert. My phone rings by God’s good grace.

If that affords anything positive, it would at least offer some flexibility in discretion - lol

Reactions: mrotto

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
i remember walking off a job once but that was a long time ago. Nowadays you have to take into consideration about a review on Google or Angies List...
Ya hate reviews sometimes, i have 2 one star reviews on Google that Google refuses to remove. We've never cleaned for either of them one of them is in Illinois thats several hundred miles away from me and the other is in fort smith arkansas wich is 3 hours away from me i researched them and neither are in my customer data base

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Ya hate reviews sometimes, i have 2 one star reviews on Google that Google refuses to remove. We've never cleaned for either of them one of them is in Illinois thats several hundred miles away from me and the other is in fort smith arkansas wich is 3 hours away from me i researched them and neither are in my customer data base
? ? ? what do you think is going on - doesn’t even make sense - why?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Not sure brother, one from Illinois said the cleaning was horrible and we charged her twice what was qouted. Along with having no records of her in my data base my policy has always been to honor a bid no matter what even if i lose big. I know for a fact ive never cleaned for those two people, yet google wont remive them from my reviews

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States

Attachments

• 20210108_135839.jpg
    20210108_135839.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210108_135824.jpg
    20210108_135824.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 20

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
could be one of two things.

1. its a person that has nothing else to do. just click on them and it will show other reviews they gave. maybe they do this a lot?

2. you have the same company name that they had clean their carpet but its in their town and they just left the review for the wrong one?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I also have two 1 star reviews...out of 150. So i don't sweat it much

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I also have two 1 star reviews...out of 150. So i don't sweat it much
I don't have many google reviews so it drops my rating to like a 3, however one of our goals this year is to really push reviews hopefully i can bury them with 5 star ones. Honestly i dont feel those two have hurt me in any way but me being the way i am it bugs the living shit out of me

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I don't have many google reviews so it drops my rating to like a 3, however one of our goals this year is to really push reviews hopefully i can bury them with 5 star ones. Honestly i dont feel those two have hurt me in any way but me being the way i am it bugs the living shit out of me
mr otto’s # 2. or something close. She prob. couldn’t remember who the heck cleaned and had to look in the phone book to help her “remember”.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What CRM system are you using ?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
That is detrimental - a 3 star rating. How many clients are just not calling cause they don’t know about that silly crap. Can you write a corresponding rebuttal • like an explanation ?