How to Use Natural Cleaning Products | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How to Use Natural Cleaning Products

shanebasil44

Jan 2, 2020
New Jersey, USA
halalclean.com
Real Name
Shane Basil
Green products lessen the hazardous effects that chemicals have on the environment. This can be a small but significant step towards environmental cleaning. When buying cleaning products you should keep in mind the ingredients and make sure that there are no harmful chemicals in the product you are using. We have made a list of few natural cleaning products with directions for use; you can use them if you too hate chemicals.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Words like "green" and "natural" can be extremely misleading, and are often used by customers in a vague and inappropriate way.

Rattlesnake venom is green. It's organic. It's natural.

Does that mean it's safe? Is it a good cleaning agent that will remove tough soils?

Having low environmental impact goes way beyond the chemicals you use. Things like how much fuel or electrical power are you using, how loud (dB) is your equipment, how much water are you having to use to rinse away your products, and perhaps most importantly where are you dumping your wastewater. All of these have impact on the environment as well.

If you're using a "natural, green, organic" cleaning agent, but running your machine for twice as long, and using three times as much water, you've just negated ANY benefit from using a less-toxic chemical in the cleaning.

Using a chemical that is appropriately aggressive, but requires less scrubbing-rinsing-redoing, meaning you run your unit for a shorter amount of time and you generate less wastewater, not only has a larger positive impact on the environment... it also means you're in and out in less time, meaning your price per hour just increased.

I applaud the move toward safer cleaning chemistry. Truly I do. But one must look at the whole, the gestalt, rather than pinning the term "green" on just what's in the bottle. Else you're ordering a Diet Coke to go along with your Triple Baconator combo, in the hopes that you'll lose weight.

Reactions: J20770

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Triple Baconator sounds good...Dinner tonight Mama?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Triple Baconator sounds good...Dinner tonight Mama?
Well, I'm personally substituting a pork tenderloin marinated in teriyaki and fresh ginger for the burger. Pan-roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, and mashed taters with cheese and bacon to go with. So it's kinda bacon-ish... sorta...?

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Most people focus on "green" in the micro not in the macro. The EPA has a Safer Ingredient List for environmental concerns. It is the first place that I look in terms of "green" ingredients. I do not like the word organic as it is to general. Many organics can kill you in the real world.

We have about 40 chemicals that are 99.5% green in the bottle. However, we have Bio Break that is 98.3% green at a 1 to 32 dilution and Flex Powder at 99.4% green at a 1 to 32 dilution. I think that focusing on that 1 to 2 % difference is not useful especially if the Flex Powder restores the carpet so that it can be used a few more years. Slowing down the filling up of the landfill is a greener practice than worrying about that 1 to 2 % of pre-spray not considered green. "Green" in the macro is more important than "green" in the micro.