How to unclog 01 jets?

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
For my Bonzer. They are getting clogged some how. The filter that comes with it seems clean. Anyway, what is small enough to clean the jets? Thanks.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States

Im sure there are other places to get these tho.

Reactions: Rory henderson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
For my Bonzer. They are getting clogged some how. The filter that comes with it seems clean. Anyway, what is small enough to clean the jets? Thanks.
For some unknown reasons Rotovac furnished bonzer with a11001 jets. If you do residentials with it, replace jets with .15's, if you use it in commercial setting, 9502 would be my choice. Simply said , # 01 opening gets clogged easily, because dirt has no way of escaping from enclosed
space. If your setup has enough power and commercial work is your strength, get some 9502's and replace all the jets. You'll end up with a #14 flow. If that's too much, plug 2 rear ones and go with 5 jets only. You can experiment until you figure out what's best for you. If you decide to keep 01 jets, make sure to keep pressure on low side....
That's my opinion only, others may disagree...

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
For some unknown reasons Rotovac furnished bonzer with a11001 jets. If you do residentials with it, replace jets with .15's, if you use it in commercial setting, 9502 would be my choice. Simply said , # 01 opening gets clogged easily, because dirt has no way of escaping from enclosed
space. If your setup has enough power and commercial work is your strength, get some 9502's and replace all the jets. You'll end up with a #14 flow. If that's too much, plug 2 rear ones and go with 5 jets only. You can experiment until you figure out what's best for you. If you decide to keep 01 jets, make sure to keep pressure on low side....
That's my opinion only, others may disagree...
I use the bonzer for commercial and on occasion the empty house with large rooms. I'll try the 9502 jets. Thanks. I run a HM 4.8 CDS w/salsa.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I keep a few needles of different sizes in my headliner just for this .

Reactions: SRD

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I use the bonzer for commercial and on occasion the empty house with large rooms. I'll try the 9502 jets. Thanks. I run a HM 4.8 CDS w/salsa.
Jets with wider openings, e.g. 02 and narrower spray pattern ( 95, 80) may cause streaking on residential carpeting, that's only reason that I would use 11001 jets. Other than that , 9502 all the way. I'd say CDS is powerful enough to handle #10- #14 flow without a hitch.

Reactions: brian3180

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I got the welders tip cleaner from home depot and it didn't fit into the 01 jets. I'm glad to have it though because it will work on the larger jets. Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The first thing I do is hook up the tool directly to the TM panel and see if I can blast it out. Then I dig at it with a piece of stranded wire and give it a blast again. Lastly, I disassemble it.

We pick up a lot of debris from the QC's on the solution line and the tool. With a live reel I bring the end of the solution line to the van before reeling up. Not as fast or tangle free but it does keep everything in good condition and dirt/sand off the fitting.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
One thing I've noticed is since i started using a filter hose to fill up my 100 gallon tank I'm not dealing with clogs at all in my jets.

It takes longer to fill the tank that way but I just use the time to clean my other equipment.

I also use a 150 ft hose off a live reel so the only QD is from the truck to the wand.

Last edited:

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Find a peice of stranded wire that will fit in the jet. Now you have 15 or 20 jet cleaners.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
The first thing I do is hook up the tool directly to the TM panel and see if I can blast it out. Then I dig at it with a piece of stranded wire and give it a blast again. Lastly, I disassemble it.

We pick up a lot of debris from the QC's on the solution line and the tool. With a live reel I bring the end of the solution line to the van before reeling up. Not as fast or tangle free but it does keep everything in good condition and dirt/sand off the fitting.
I bring the end of the solution line and vacuum hose to the back of the van before reeling to make reeling go a lot better since I have manual reels.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I got the welders tip cleaner from home depot and it didn't fit into the 01 jets. I'm glad to have it though because it will work on the larger jets. Thanks.
There are so many real pro's chirping in on the topic and I value their opinion , but I guess they don't have the Bonzer in their inventory. I've already talked about this issue and explained what has to be done in order to be somewhat happy with your Bonzer. First off, 11001 are the smallest openings there are. Since they operate in enclosed space, clogging up( especially if you run higher pressure) will occur quite easily. In order to keep your Bonzer happy , you'll have to enlarge the openings and change the angles. If you're using yours mostly in commercial setting, you'll benefit greatly from 9502, you can keep 2 rear ones at 11015.
When I talked to bosses at Bonzer( 3 times) I was told that small opening and wide spray pattern
( 110) is designed for household cleaning, mostly to avoid streaking ( therefore wide spray pattern a smal opening) In commercial setting that means nothing and you won't be happy . If you change 5 front ones to 9502 an two rear ones to a 11015, you'll end up with final #13, which your machine can handle it, but most importantly, you'll changin spray pattern and you'll benefit out of this change. Even if you plug to rear one , you'll end up wit a #10 and at 550-600 psi, you'll greatly benefit from change. It'll cost you additional funds, but you'll eliminate clogging up. That's all I can recomend based on my own experience and since I'm using CX -15, Bronzer is collecting dust, so is for grab for a 30-35% discount.
If you have more issues and even more questions, send me a PM and we dissect your issue, if you like.
Good luck and get rid of 01 spray tips asap. I can sell you some at discounted price.
Let me know

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke