Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There has been quite of few cleaners who didn’t deserve to get a bad review but did. And some who got swindled by clients. So the question is “how can you spot a bad client”?

Sep 26, 2018
Real Name
Jim Claro
In the 26 years of business I can say we have only had 2 or 3 bad clients/customers that have actually took advantage of our 100% satisfaction policy "if we don't exceed your expectations then the cleaning is free," and that was years ago. Can you spot them? Probably not. Every review that we have on google are 5 stars. I think as we do business and become more knowledgeable in our craft we can pre qualify what the customers expectations are. And what we are able to accomplish. We do not hesitate to turn down a job that we would not want the customer to say that we did the cleaning. Often we are faced with a client/customer who says just clean it anyway. We tell them that we will not be happy with the results and they will not be happy with the results...my bank account is the only thing that will be happy. Sometimes clients/customers are anxious when we enter the house the first time waiting for the bait and switch or having a tech rush through a job and two days later it looks like the carpets have never been clean. So I really believe that a bad client/customer is partly our fault by not spending some time talking to them, asking the right questions and being upfront with them on expected cleaning results. And then when we are both on the same page doing a quality job with integrity. I would rather under sell expectations on nasty carpet and let the client/customer decide if we are to proceed with the job. Then when we meet or exceed their expectations we have a satisfied client/customer. I am sure we all have had client/customers that our initial instinct is oh boy I hope they go with someone else and they turn out to be a great long term client/customer and vice versa. At the end of day follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would like others to treat you"

Howard A Read

Jul 21, 2021
Real Name
Howard A. Read
In the 26 years of business I can say we have only had 2 or 3 bad clients/customers that have actually took advantage of our 100% satisfaction policy "if we don't exceed your expectations then the cleaning is free," and that was years ago. Can you spot them? Probably not. Every review that we have on google are 5 stars. I think as we do business and become more knowledgeable in our craft we can pre qualify what the customers expectations are. And what we are able to accomplish. We do not hesitate to turn down a job that we would not want the customer to say that we did the cleaning. Often we are faced with a client/customer who says just clean it anyway. We tell them that we will not be happy with the results and they will not be happy with the results...my bank account is the only thing that will be happy. Sometimes clients/customers are anxious when we enter the house the first time waiting for the bait and switch or having a tech rush through a job and two days later it looks like the carpets have never been clean. So I really believe that a bad client/customer is partly our fault by not spending some time talking to them, asking the right questions and being upfront with them on expected cleaning results. And then when we are both on the same page doing a quality job with integrity. I would rather under sell expectations on nasty carpet and let the client/customer decide if we are to proceed with the job. Then when we meet or exceed their expectations we have a satisfied client/customer. I am sure we all have had client/customers that our initial instinct is oh boy I hope they go with someone else and they turn out to be a great long term client/customer and vice versa. At the end of day follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would like others to treat you"
Yes. Right.