Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I'm very interested in VLM resi cleaning, mostly in basements, under furniture and areas that need a light cleaning.

Just curious how you VLM guys rinse out POG or similar products that need a proper rinse. I know your prespray can't possibly take care of every greasy spot you encounter and sometimes POG is needed.

It takes me about 5 seconds of HWE to see no visible reside and that is a lot of flushing going on.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
On grease spots I'll hit it with a squirt of Tilemaster, do the Nike shuffle, and then encap over it. I've never had a residue issue doing this, I do it on my recurring accounts and they're fine each time I go back. POG...never tried that with encap. Not sure it would have the same result.

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
On grease spots I'll hit it with a squirt of Tilemaster, do the Nike shuffle, and then encap over it. I've never had a residue issue doing this, I do it on my recurring accounts and they're fine each time I go back. POG...never tried that with encap. Not sure it would have the same result.
The ol' Nike shuffle! Who really tamps anyway? I'll have to give that a try. I've never used Tilemaster on carpets yet but I have a tile and carpet job today. I'll give it a try.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I'm very interested in VLM resi cleaning, mostly in basements, under furniture and areas that need a light cleaning.

Just curious how you VLM guys rinse out POG or similar products that need a proper rinse. I know your prespray can't possibly take care of every greasy spot you encounter and sometimes POG is needed.

It takes me about 5 seconds of HWE to see no visible reside and that is a lot of flushing going on.
All the spotters from vacaway don't need rinsing. I use vacaway PIG all the time.. No rinse required.

Same with their orange gel and red remover.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P

You can also use a volatile dry solvent. Applying it after the POG should remove the residue. If you insist on using the POG you currently use. Otherwise go the vacaway route for no rinse spotters.

Also pick up a small heated spotter for heavier deposits. I say heated spotter only because I believe in the "why not" thought process. Why not get it with heat. It might be an extra $100 but it's only a one time investment and it's there if you decide to use it.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
I use a spotting machine. I have not tried Vac Away's spotters yet but I do hear that they work very well.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree

I think anyone using a product that has a sticky residue is just asking for trouble. IMO it take more effort to properly rinse out that sticky residue than it does to clean the carpet in the first place. A tool with a sight window will show you this not just guessing.
I have no problem cleaning the worst spots greasy or not with VLM and no sticky residue VLM chems..

Last edited:

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
IMO the only appeal that a sticky residue product has over a non sticky residue product is price. I see products that have a sticky residue as being low quality.